• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Prolong Warne's career - MacGill

chalky

International Debutant
With reference to Macgill pushing his own boat, a quick serach of cricinfo provided this. I wonder what Bracken was feeling reading this?

The MCG drop-in wicket is expected to suit the fast bowlers but MacGill is determined and pleaded his case in the Sydney Morning Herald. "Personally, I would expect to play here, particularly seeing as we failed to bowl them out in Perth," MacGill said. "Conditions may have conspired against the bowlers there but you always wonder whether it would have been the same if I were there.

"Whilst it's a slow transition, I think the public and cricket in general is starting to come around to the fact that you need to bowl your most potent wicket-taking team to win Test matches against sides that are prepared to stick around. Providing your team with wicket-taking opportunities is what I'm about."

MacGill is battling for a place with the left-arm swing of Nathan Bracken and Trevor Hohns, the chairman of selectors, was pleased with his performance at the WACA, where he dismissed Graeme Smith twice. "Regardless of the surface here I'm confident and satisfied in making a claim for a position in this 11," MacGill said. "I think I can provide Ricky Ponting with extra wicket-taking opportunities, even on a green-top."

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If Warne's really concerned about his workload effecting his career, why would he be flying straight to England for a full season of County Cricket?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The thing that surprised me in the article, and its not MacGill literally telling the selectors in the media "play me" because he's been doing that for ages now, but rather the fact that he believes this could be the last time he tours for Australia. He won't go to Zimbabwe, and says he hints he probably won't make it to Pakistan in 2007. Pretty big there IMO, because it wasn't too long ago he said he would still be playing after Warne is gone.

howardj

International Coach
I think Paskistan is in 2008 though.

But yeah, I expected him to play until he couldnt move.

howardj

International Coach
Yep - which they will probably get out of. They've never seemed too keen. We play very few Test matches over the next two years.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
If Warne's really concerned about his workload effecting his career, why would he be flying straight to England for a full season of County Cricket?
Needs the practice, judging by the codswollop he served up in the first test v Bangladesh

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I must say I am not a big fan of MacGill's and it seems to me that he is just trying to blow his own trumpet and pretend to sound sincere and concerned about Warne's health/career. I don't want to sound like I'm bashing him but he has to see that he is one of the most unluckiest cricketers in the world right now and for his entire career. He's now getting too old and it'll only be a matter of time before the selectors blood younger talent.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
GoT_SpIn said:
Just watch him on the field, you will understand.
I'm pretty sure i watch him on the field more closely than you.

Please tell me how he has a bad attitude.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
benchmark00 said:
I'm pretty sure i watch him on the field more closely than you.

Please tell me how he has a bad attitude.
And how would you know that.

Well apart from his obvious push to be included in the side, his blatant swearing at the camera when anything goes wrong for him is an example.

Really, his expressions show his poor attitude

benchmark00

GoT_SpIn said:
And how would you know that.

Well apart from his obvious push to be included in the side, his blatant swearing at the camera when anything goes wrong for him is an example.

Really, his expressions show his poor attitude
That is the poorest response i've ever seen.

You really have nothing to back up his 'poor attitude', do you?

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Because the pound striling and the conversion rate from the Pound to the Australian Dollar was too much for him.

Afterall wasn't Simone trying to get $10m out of him?

howardj

International Coach
benchmark00 said:
That is the poorest response i've ever seen.

You really have nothing to back up his 'poor attitude', do you?
least we know that macgill doesn't push his own barrow, right? :laugh:

benchmark00

He doesn't, I just stopped replying to you because my intelligence quotient drops everytime I respond to your non sensical posts. Whoop, there goes 3 points.

howardj

International Coach
benchmark00 said:
He doesn't, I just stopped replying to you because my intelligence quotient drops everytime I respond to your non sensical posts. Whoop, there goes 3 points.
when zero is the starting point, you can't drop

Craig

World Traveller
Unless you two have anything worth to disscuss, can we just drop it as it isn't going anywhere?