A couple of things,
we would like to start recognising milestones, so if anyone reaches a significant mark such as 1000 posts or two years on CW for example, please let Marc or myself know.
Also if you notice any posts/threads you think worthy for inclusion please let Marc or myself know by email.
Best of The Best
1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Honestbharani for this click here Well thought out balanced argument.
2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is: Honestbharani for this click here Bradman last week and two awards this week, a man on fire!
3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is:Pedro Delgado click here some visual humour, well it made us
4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: zinzan12, Seems to be following every series at the same time. Plus found time this week to visit any number of other threads, a true Sobey effort.
5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: age _ master click here It would have looked a lot worse if the Aussies were rolled, but still
6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he his talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: chris.hinton for this click here What the?
7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: BoyBrumby, Contributed some much needed knowledge from one hit wonder players to the state of Sth Afr cricket, well done BB.
8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: Goughy. A great week of posting, as well as starting some very interesting threads seems to know a lot about South Africa, and we thought he was a Kiwi?
9. Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: adharcric, Has almost convinced us that India are the No.1 team in the World, well almost, but he has convinced himself.
Silentstriker award: by popular demand (from silentstriker) We have no idea what this award means, but with all of his out of this world theories we though the ONLY winner should be our old friend Richard.
Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management