• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 9-16 April

archie mac

International Coach
A couple of things,

we would like to start recognising milestones, so if anyone reaches a significant mark such as 1000 posts or two years on CW for example, please let Marc or myself know.

Also if you notice any posts/threads you think worthy for inclusion please let Marc or myself know by email.

Best of The Best

1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Honestbharani for this click here Well thought out balanced argument.

2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is: Honestbharani for this click here Bradman last week and two awards this week, a man on fire! :cool:

3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is:Pedro Delgado click here some visual humour, well it made us :laugh:

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: zinzan12, Seems to be following every series at the same time. Plus found time this week to visit any number of other threads, a true Sobey effort.

5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: age _ master click here It would have looked a lot worse if the Aussies were rolled, but still :-O

6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he his talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: chris.hinton for this click here What the? :wacko:

7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: BoyBrumby, Contributed some much needed knowledge from one hit wonder players to the state of Sth Afr cricket, well done BB. :)

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: Goughy. A great week of posting, as well as starting some very interesting threads seems to know a lot about South Africa, and we thought he was a Kiwi?:ph34r:

9. Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: adharcric, Has almost convinced us that India are the No.1 team in the World, well almost, but he has convinced himself.

Silentstriker award: by popular demand (from silentstriker) We have no idea what this award means, but with all of his out of this world theories we though the ONLY winner should be our old friend Richard.

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Congratulations to you and other winners, Well deserved :) Dont post so much HB, there wont be enough room for all those trophies you have been collecting lately. ;)

Great Job by Archie Mac !! I really look forward to this thread every week now and I am sure it motivates some of us to contribute positively.;);)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Adharcric for the Agarkar award? Seems a bit harsh, surely you chose the wrong person?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
BTW, Archie, I am approaching 4000 posts and I will finish two years at CW next month. Not sure of ur email, so I am posting it here. :)

archie mac

International Coach
Sanz said:
Congratulations to you and other winners, Well deserved :) Dont post so much HB, there wont be enough room for all those trophies you have been collecting lately. ;)

Great Job by Archie Mac !! I really look forward to this thread every week now and I am sure it motivates some of us to contribute positively.;);)
Thanks for the feedback, but don't forget Marc he actually picks most of the winners, and always the Skull :)

archie mac

International Coach
Jono said:
Adharcric for the Agarkar award? Seems a bit harsh, surely you chose the wrong person?
Not much around for the Agarkar this last week, I hope people don't think this a bad award to win?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol nah, it was more the description. "Has almost convinced us that India are the No.1 team in the World", that more fits the mould of one of the Indian trolls rather than adharcric.

archie mac

International Coach
honestbharani said:
BTW, Archie, I am approaching 4000 posts and I will finish two years at CW next month. Not sure of ur email, so I am posting it here. :)
We are trying to organise an Email address that will come to both of us, but not sure how to do that?

If we can't work it out I will post my email address on here in the next couple of days

4000 posts a great effort :)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
The Bradman award...wow, thanks but did it have to come with the fact that people thought I was a Kiwi. :)

I possess 2 citizenships and neither are NZ or SA. Oh, well.

But seriously, thanks for the award guys and congrats to the other winners.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
Thanks for the feedback, but don't forget Marc he actually picks most of the winners, and always the Skull :)
There is no way one can get Marc to write more than one sentence in a post. The guy picks most of thee winners and still gets away with the posting part.:goof:

archie mac

International Coach
Sanz said:
There is no way one can get Marc to write more than one sentence in a post. The guy picks most of thee winners and still gets away with the posting part.:goof:
Good point, I am doing most of the work :@ :laugh: