• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in West Indies

adharcric

International Coach
The series starts in the middle of May, but we might as well get started here.

Practice Match - Jamaica
May 16

1st ODI - Jamaica
May 18

2nd ODI - Jamaica
May 20

3rd ODI - St Kitts
May 23

4th ODI - Trinidad
May 26

5th ODI - Trinidad
May 28

Practice Match - Antigua
May 30 - 31

1st Test - Antigua
June 2 - 6

2nd Test - St Lucia
June 10 - 14

3rd Test - St Kitts
June 22 - 26

4th Test - Jamaica
June 30 - July 4

Predictions and Test & One-Day Squads?

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not ready for any predictions yet, but Pedro Collins bowled really well today. Collymore also looked sharp before he picked up a little injury. Collins troubled India last time they were here, and I think he's a better bowler now. Hopefully he stays fit.

Craig

World Traveller
India 3-2 after winning the 5th game game at QPO, but the Test series to end 2-2.

Leading runscorer: Rahul Dravid
Wicket taker: Dwayne Bravo

adharcric

International Coach
The only reason I'd want Tendulkar to return would be so we could all see Lara and Tendulkar playing test cricket together for perhaps the last time.
Otherwise, he should only return if he's 100% fit and confident. VRV Singh and RP Singh really need to put up a good show for the A team because we should have 5 in-form seamers travelling to the West Indies (Pathan, Sreesanth, Munaf, RPS, VRV).

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
ODI series : 4-1 India
Test series : 2-1 India

Windies to fight hard but India to nip a couple of close ODIs (maybe courtesy dropped catches from Windies), Lara to fire big time in tests, Chanderpaul to fail for the first time against INdia, Laxman returning to top form, Sehwag back to his best, Tendulkar to hit a century for the last time in the Windies in a test, Pathan and Kumble to do well in tests, India winning another close test, maybe by 10 runs or so to take the test series. India still will end with a lot of questions about their test side, while their ODI side continues to impress.

oz_fan

International Regular
ODI's : India 3 - 2
Tests: India: 2 - 1

I think:
Chanderpaul will return to form.
Tendulkar will play in the tests.
Edwards will take a lot of wickets.
Dravid will make some big scores.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
If the pitches this time around are like what they were in 2002, a full-stength WI attack this time around of Edwards/Collins/Collymore/Bravo (presuming he starts bowling again) which is much better than the one the WI had in 2002, could rattle the India batting in the test series.

But in the ODI's i think India will win fairly convincingly.

Craig

World Traveller
alternative said:
ODI = 4-1 India
Test = 3-1 India

and anyone wats the weather like during May and June?
Sunny and hot?

Although I think Hurricane season comes a few months later.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
neck on the line - the revival of the Windies cricket fortunes starts HERE.

West Indies to win the test series 2-1.

ODI, don't care.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
luckyeddie said:

ODI, don't care.
The past tours I have watched starting from 1997 have been pretty disappointing. If Tendulkar is not fit and does not show some magic, I do see this as the starting of the Windies revival too.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:

ODI, don't care.
I agree with the prediction part, not sure about the WI revival part. India are a poor test team than they were 2 years ago. India will win the ODIs though.

adharcric

International Coach
luckyeddie said:

ODI, don't care.
nah, india's neck is on the line too. in a way both teams are looking for a revival in test cricket. i'd say india will get it first.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
No idea how this series will turn out at the moment, but I do believe its a very very important series for India. An away victory is what is definitely needed.

Craig

World Traveller
I would highly doubt a West Indies revival would be on the cards even if they win the Tests - look what happened last time in 2002, they won the Test series, then prompley lost to New Zealand in the Two Test series.

It would be great for the West Indies to win the series, it would do a lot for them and for worldwide cricket, but I think a series win and a sudden revival would be premature.

quick4mindia

School Boy/Girl Captain
Looking at India's past record against the West Indies they have the nack of finding a nemesis in each of the series. The nemesis emerges only to defy India and then goes into oblivion. India in the past have struggled to put up a show against the Windies in both forms of the game.
Few examples of nemesis (Franklin Rose......... where is he now?, Jimmie Padams, Pedro Collins, he is still playing, Ricardo Powell who was compared to Viv Richards after thrashing Indian Bowlers.)
Chanderpaul and Sarvan have always troubled the Indians and i have no reasons to believe why not this time again.
LARA would be the one to watch who perhaps does not have a very impressive record against India.
India beware of Gayle. I always believe he is a gamble that Windies would love to play against India.

The things that might go india's way are the pitches that are much benign and to the liking of the indians.
The easiest formula for Windies to win atleast the test matches would be to make hard bouncy pitches and then test indian batsmen with some chin music.

With the current form its difficult to beat India in ODIs. May be one or two freaky innings by Gayle and Powell (If he is recalled) can raise some hope for the Windies

adharcric

International Coach
We do have a pretty solid bowling attack of Pathan, Sreesanth, Munaf, Kumble and if necessary Bhajji. I reckon the two new pacemen will do big things in the tests once again.