• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in West Indies

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Jungle Jumbo said:
Aaah, raw pace from the Indians. VRV to get smashed everywhere by Lara, Sreesanth to be expensive but pick up a couple, Munaf to be the pick of the bowlers.

You mean raw [medium] pace right? India doesn't have true pace. No one can bowl at 90mph. And the fastest bowler in the ODI series (Agarkar, who bowled at 84-87mph) is not even playing.

And yes, they will be belted. I hope I'm mistaken though. We need a 450+ first innings total, or we're in trouble.

Last edited:

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
silentstriker said:
You mean raw [medium] pace right? India doesn't have true pace. No one can bowl at 90mph. And the fastest bowler in the ODI series (Agarkar, who bowled at 84-87mph) is not even playing.

And yes, they will be belted. I hope I'm mistaken though. We need a 450+ first innings total, or we're in trouble.
Sarcasm just doesn't work on the net, does it?

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Samuel_Vimes said:
Gayle
Morton
Sarwan
Lara
Chanders
Bravo
Ramdin
Bradshaw
Collymore
Mohammed
Edwards

Attacking line-up! Tail arguably starts at 6...

Morton aint playing
this is the revised XI
Chris Gayle, Darren Ganga, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Brian Lara, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Dwayne Bravo, Denesh Ramdin, Ian Bradshaw, Dave Mohammed, Fidel Edwards, Corey Collymore

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Gayle
Morton
Sarwan
Lara
Chanders
Bravo
Ramdin
Bradshaw
Collymore
Mohammed
Edwards

Attacking line-up! Tail arguably starts at 6...
I think Dave will definitely bat above Collymore, probably Bradshaw as well. He can bat can Dave

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
alternative said:
Morton aint playing
this is the revised XI
Chris Gayle, Darren Ganga, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Brian Lara, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Dwayne Bravo, Denesh Ramdin, Ian Bradshaw, Dave Mohammed, Fidel Edwards, Corey Collymore
Straight swap of Ganga for Morton. Hardly changes the point, does it?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Jungle Jumbo said:
Sarcasm just doesn't work on the net, does it?

Sorry, I didn't catch that. A lot of people are excited about the young indian 'pace' attack. I look around and ask, 'what pace attack?'

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
We are playing six batsman, meaning we are a bowler short, which mean we aren't looking to win, which mean we'll probably lose.

alternative

Samuel_Vimes said:
Straight swap of Ganga for Morton. Hardly changes the point, does it?

yeh fair enough, i would hav preferred to see Morton ahead of Ganga tho.. he seems to be playing good cricket off late..

adharcric

International Coach
Resting Pathan - good sign, shows the management are using their brain and not playing people no matter what

Playing VRV - a little scary considering he was least expected to play, good luck to him

Resting Harbhajan - bad sign, proven performer and good partner for Kumble

Playing 6 batsmen - good sign, we've been too stuck to the 5-bowler policy

alternative

silentstriker said:
We are playing six batsman, meaning we are a bowler short, which mean we aren't looking to win, which mean we'll probably lose.
cut the crap, stop being negative..

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
adharcric said:
give your negativity a rest and watch the game for a while.
I'm just saying that our batting is better than our bowling. In any case, I'm watching the game live and Sehwag looks good but Jaffer looks a little lost. In running and in picking his shots. He doesn't really seem to know what he wants to do. Let's hope he sticks around a bit. Of course, so far he's faced all the deliveries from a better bowler.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yup I just said Jaffer looks unsure three minutes ago...and there he goes. To be fair, it was a good delivery, but Jaffer just looked like he was about to get out. He was groping way too much for the balls.