• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in West Indies

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
viktor said:
I was reading Prem Panicker's blog; he says Bhajji was injured. Anyway, on to the next one. Top innings by Lara.
There was on Indian news channel -India TV- that reported, on the first dau of the first test, through their correspondent in Windies that Pathan and Bhajji were disciplined for the first game for going out and staying out very late into the night on the eve of the test against specific instructions to the contrary.

According to this correspondent, Pathan admitted to being out and flouting the clear instructions while Bhajji said he came back earlier.

No other media report ever cofirmed it or even hinted at it so one doesnt know how much of it is fact. It would have explained a lot if it was true because their dropping was totally inexplicable and whatever their form no one could defend including VRV at either of their expense.

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Now that is interesting. Wonder why it didn't catch on even if it wasn't true.

Was reading this article on the Indian Express, http://cricket.expressindia.com/fulliestory.php?content_id=6590

‘‘There is no point in talking about people who are not fit,’’ said Dravid, adding, ‘‘if you are not fit, you are not fit. We picked four from the five fit bowlers we had, knowing that we had Viru’s off-spin as an option. If Harbhajan had been there, it might have been different but...”

adharcric

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Pedro Collins is nowhere as quick as Fidel Edwards. No comparison really. Collins is more of a finesse bowler.

Best has been rubbish for about two years now, as he's forgotten that bowling effectively requires more than just flat out pace. Jermaine Lawson is even less effective at the moment though. He's been largely reduced to medium pace and does nothing with the ball anymore.

Andrew Richardson for mine.
Yeah I was about to bring up Richardson too. How pacy is he and does he get movement, bounce etc?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the way this series has gone so far, wouldn't be surprised if it ended in a draw or a 1-0 win for the windies....:@

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Pedro Collins is nowhere as quick as Fidel Edwards. No comparison really. Collins is more of a finesse bowler.

Best has been rubbish for about two years now, as he's forgotten that bowling effectively requires more than just flat out pace. Jermaine Lawson is even less effective at the moment though. He's been largely reduced to medium pace and does nothing with the ball anymore.

Andrew Richardson for mine.
Some people have been suggesting Daren Powell too. Unfortunately the selectors ignored them and to enhance it they dropped Mohammed.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Anil said:
the way this series has gone so far, wouldn't be surprised if it ended in a draw or a 1-0 win for the windies....:@

Wouldn't be surprising at all... We just need to fire up and take those 2nd Innings Wickets, i reckon Harbajan has to play in the next match and we all know he has a decent recond bowling in the second Innings..

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
adharcric said:
Yeah I was about to bring up Richardson too. How pacy is he and does he get movement, bounce etc?
He's a better option than Bradshaw or a semi-fit Collymore at the moment.

Powell was also very impressive in New Zealand. The selectors are idiots, however. First they get shown up for not picking the lone spinner in the squad, and now they drop that spinner for a part-time bowler.

adharcric

International Coach
India could opt for five bowlers as Harbhajan should return but three seamers may be favored as well if we get the kind of pitch Lara has been asking for. In that case, Laxman could be left out again. Unless he gets a chance in the final test, his time as a regular could nearly be finished.

Mr Mxyzptlk

The pitch is said to be a livelier one than the typical West Indian pitch. I've read that it lacks grass, but it will offer seam movement.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
adharcric said:
India could opt for five bowlers as Harbhajan should return but three seamers may be favored as well if we get the kind of pitch Lara has been asking for. In that case, Laxman could be left out again. Unless he gets a chance in the final test, his time as a regular could nearly be finished.
If the pitch is livelier, why would India play one less batsman?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sanz said:
We playing with Six bowlers now ?:-O

I think we should go all out and play with 9 bowlers + sehwag and dravid. And sehwag can bowl too...so pretty much just Dravid (and Dravid can keep too).

adharcric

International Coach
Jono said:
If the pitch is livelier, why would India play one less batsman?
Well, one would think it's about time Harbhajan Singh gets a match, considering he's our second best bowler. At the same time, playing Bhajji and keeping six batsmen requires playing only two seamers. Would they really play only two seamers on a lively wicket affording seam movement? That's why playing five bowlers remains a possibility.
I don't necessarily believe it's the best option.

adharcric

International Coach
Breaking News ... Ian Bishop rates VRV Singh

VRV's been taking quite a beating around here for helping complete the worst bowling attack in the history of cricket ... and now Bishop calls him of all people a very good prospect!

Mr Mxyzptlk

adharcric said:
VRV's been taking quite a beating around here for helping complete the worst bowling attack in the history of cricket ... and now Bishop calls him of all people a very good prospect!
He looks a better prospect than Sreesanth IMO.