• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Attn: Liam - Carlitos Lopez

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Axminster Town CC have signed Carlitos Lopez for the 2006 season to play in the A Division (second tier) of the Devon League. The claim is 87mph+.

He's got List A and FC experience, as well as having played U19 WC. What I wanna know is, how good is he now?

EDIT - horrendous typo brought on by impatience for David Tennant

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
It seems somewhat hard to believe that someone could have been playing first class cricket and bowling at nearly 90 mph without getting a go with the West Indies, given their bowling in recent years.

edit: though, I suppose his 50+ average and huge experience of 6 first class games might have counted against him.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He was never going to get much of a chance in the West Indies since they abolished the West Indies 'B' team. It was really one of the stupider moves by the WICB in recent times, because the 'B' team would allow talented youngsters to play FC cricket when they might not have had a chance to for their country.

In the case of Lopez, he's a Bajan fast bowler. In the land of Collymore, Collins, Best, Edwards, and Bradshaw, that means you don't get opportunities.

If Jason Bennett can't get into the Bajan squad this year, Lopez won't get a sniff at a chance. Bennett is one of the most impressive bowling talents in the region and his heritage means he doesn't get any game time. He used to with West Indies 'B' though...

West Indies domestic cricket = joke.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
This is the second tier of a minor county's league, you aren't going to get world-beaters. Saying that, Vernon Philander (Budleigh), Stuart MacGill (Tiverton) and Chris Rogers (Exeter) have both played in the Premier in the last decade - but that's about as far as it goes.

History will be made this summer when the first Czech to play in the DCL makes his debut for Alphington. I hope for their sake that he makes a better fist of it than he did of playing me in the Uni nets.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Neil Pickup said:
History will be made this summer when the first Czech to play in the DCL makes his debut for Alphington. I hope for their sake that he makes a better fist of it than he did of playing me in the Uni nets.
Is he really that poor? :-O

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Bennett is one of the most impressive bowling talents in the region and his heritage means he doesn't get any game time. He used to with West Indies 'B' though...
Whats the story here? I don't know anything about the guy

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Goughy said:
Whats the story here? I don't know anything about the guy
Well he's from Barbados and he's a fast bowler. With Collymore, Collins, Bradshaw, Best and Edwards around, fast bowlers have a hard time getting any game time.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Neil Pickup said:
This is the second tier of a minor county's league, you aren't going to get world-beaters. Saying that, Vernon Philander (Budleigh), Stuart MacGill (Tiverton) and Chris Rogers (Exeter) have both played in the Premier in the last decade - but that's about as far as it goes.

Exactly, Chris Rogers was there when I was playing actually. Some of the guys that are playing Premier League aren't that hot either so...you do get some wildcards pop up in different divisions from time to time though.