• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia's Answer to Stump Mic's

open365

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
It clearly shows there's not 100% focus on the game, does it not?
Ask any first-slipper in cricket and he will tell you that they talk to the keeper and other fielders in between deliveries to stave of boredom and to help them put more effort into concentrating when the ball is being bowled.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Sports psychologists want cricketers to break the game down into pockets of concentration and rest.

They must be able to switch on and off in order to maintain focus during a long day in the field.

I think players are taught to have a trigger (ie bowler starting his runup) to begin concentrating and then once the ball is dead to completely relax until the next required period of focus.

It is impossible to maintain full concentration for 3 two hour sessions a day.

Langeveldt

Soutie
marc71178 said:
Must tell them to stop smiling as well, a real killer that one..

Hell they are now characterless machines who spend 300 days a year away from their families, I would forgive them if they weren't 100% at the moment!

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:

With a comment like that, I wonder if you've ever really played the game. The best teams I've been involved in, enjoyed a bit of creative banter and chatter on the field.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
/jumps on the grind the Coventry fan into the dirt bandwagon

Yes, marc. I do believe it does

/:p