• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Muralitharan with a new mystery ball!!!

Kimbo

International Debutant
MacGill gets alot of overspin, kinda like Kumble, except his flight is different. I think MacGill is a great bowler. His bowling is very, how can I put this... lively:)

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Originally posted by The Argonaut
The shoulder injury was bad for him because he lost the ability to bowl a decent flipper.

If he could return to the days when he could bowl the flipper and even a decent wrong un then he will again be the most dangerous bowler in world cricket. If not then he's your everyday better than average leg spinner of a lesser quality than Stuart MacGill.

Personally I hope he comes back to his best.
He did just get 7 for 90-odd in the TEST!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I once bowled a ball that span both ways. First pitched outside off, then outside leg, then hit middle.

It was a bumpy wicket!

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Back when I used to pratice and experiment a lot with my Legspin...I remember bowling 2 types of wrong un's, one which was hard to read and was bowled a bit like a topspinner and didn't turn much...the other I didn't quite manage to control it properly and as I took up seam bowling it just faded away...however when I got it right it was more likely than not an unplayable delivery, I used to **** in my wrist so much and turn it when bowling it and made sure the arm went right over my head...however it didn't quite come out right and besides it was a very unhealthy action...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
It's all about control - if you can put it in the right place and turn it a bit you'll get more than if you can turn it nearly square but can't pitch it up :saint:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmmmmm I think Wasim's delivery was more to do with the state of the ball, those were the days before they caught up on ball tampering and they used to bowl bananas with them, almost unplayable! Wasim doesn't swing it as much now so either something is very wrong with him or the ball has to be kept shiny for it to swing! I bowl a topspinner but its more along the lines of putting one of the fingers behind the seam and just pushing it forwards, it loops and shoots forwards though and bounces too, and I even manage to bowl it straight, the problem is I can't bowl a turning delivery so the suprise sorta wears off...:bird:

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
Originally posted by Sunil Havascar
MacGill gets alot of overspin, kinda like Kumble, except his flight is different. I think MacGill is a great bowler. His bowling is very, how can I put this... lively:)
McGill is a quality bowler, and lively does describe it.
The word that comes to mind usually is- sharp. He can indeed turn the ball a long way, certainly not like Kumble.. He doesn't get the Warne kind of drift though.