• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wisden and other Cricket books

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
Well that time of the year has come and all the Cricket books for the new season are hitting the shelves. Which ones do you buy?

The two I always go for straight away are Wisden and the Playfair Cricket Annual and this year I may go for the Who's Who book.

Although people will point out to me that CricInfo and such sites are the best resource, even though I use the site a lot, I much prefer a book in my hand

Autobahn

State 12th Man
I don't know i paid 30 quid for it and it just seems like it's worth it

Then again my overheads aren't very demanding at the moment, so maybe that's why:laugh:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, in about 9 hours I hope to have successfully negotiated the purchase of this year's Wisden.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I have not bought the Whos, Who since I was a teenager but I found them so valuable.

I have no idea of the recent quality but those older books have hundreds of hours of my time invested in them.

Its even fun to go through all the players and look for the guys who did not take the questionnaire seriously.

I found Whos, Who a complete must have.

open365

International Vice-Captain
I never got the point of Wisden books, aren't they just a record f every game played that season? Why would you want that?