• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your English Cricket Season: 2008

Barney Rubble

International Coach
With the start of the English cricket season only days away, I thought it'd be good to have a thread for people to update the rest of us with results, news, performances etc from yourself and your team. :)

Everyone getting ready for the season now? I'm going back to Uni for my first pre-season next Wednesday, if I'm lucky I may even get an SUCC debut in one of the two Mixed XIs in actions over the weekend. Looking forward to getting back to playing some good competitive cricket, and testing myself at a higher level than I've played at before.

I know Neil and the rest of the students' seasons will kick off in a couple of weeks or so - what's going on with the rest of you guys? :)

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
does dutch count?
first friendly of 1st nd 2nd XI saturday, taz playing :D
playing alongside De Leede and Raja, taz can't wait :D

open365

International Vice-Captain
I'm keeping a diary of my season at http://seasonsinthesun.wordpress.com/ aswelll as other things.

I've haven't even started playing outdoors yet this year which is very annoying, last year i was playing every weekend from March when the weather allowed (and sometimes when it didn't) but this year my club isn't putting the cricket nets up untill may!!!!MAY!!! Which i'm really ****ed off at.

I'm hoping to get picked for the 3rd team on Saturday though my prospects aren't looking goods atm so i guess it may be another year wih the ******** 4th team. Still, i've got my U15s side to look forward to because we have a really good chance of winning the one-day championship this year. I almost forgot school cricket, which aswell as being fun to play in also gets me off 1-3 lesosns a week.

Jungle Jumbo

School season should be underway two weeks on Saturday, club season the week after. I'll keep you posted.

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
Not a player myself. I have played in the past and can bat a little but I need the time for my Uni work. My local club is literally 5 mintues away and they are crying out for players but for some reason wouldn't let me join in late-may early-june and play then.

Jungle Jumbo

open365 said:
I'm keeping a diary of my season at http://seasonsinthesun.wordpress.com/ aswelll as other things.

I've haven't even started playing outdoors yet this year which is very annoying, last year i was playing every weekend from March when the weather allowed (and sometimes when it didn't) but this year my club isn't putting the cricket nets up untill may!!!!MAY!!! Which i'm really ****ed off at.

I'm hoping to get picked for the 3rd team on Saturday though my prospects aren't looking goods atm so i guess it may be another year wih the ******** 4th team. Still, i've got my U15s side to look forward to because we have a really good chance of winning the one-day championship this year. I almost forgot school cricket, which aswell as being fun to play in also gets me off 1-3 lesosns a week.
Open 365, which school do you play for in Liverpool?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Kweek said:
ooh and I might pickup( ;) ) a little of the English season with Oundle Town :D
1) No pickup lines, please. Worst puns ever.
2) Where the ****'s Oundle when it's at home?

Jungle Jumbo

Just asking, I play for King's Chester and we play Merchant Taylor's and Liverpool College. I'm U15s (your age group)?

open365

Jungle Jumbo said:
Just asking, I play for King's Chester and we play Merchant Taylor's and Liverpool College. I'm U15s (your age group)?
We play Liverpool College but not Merchant's because they haven't got time for petty teams like ours. I'm in U14s, but cricket isn't very popular at my school so i play for the U15s aswell.

Are you in the Lancashire cup? I think we got entered this year so we might play you if we get you in the first round.

Jungle Jumbo

open365 said:
We play Liverpool College but not Merchant's because they haven't got time for petty teams like ours. I'm in U14s, but cricket isn't very popular at my school so i play for the U15s aswell.

Are you in the Lancashire cup? I think we got entered this year so we might play you if we get you in the first round.
Nah, we're Cheshire. We last played Liverpool two years back and stuck up 190-odd in 25 overs, we're just about even with Merchant Taylor's. Also from up Liverpool way we play St Anselms and Birkenhead (yet to beat them).

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
ah i remember we played Liverpool College once, scored 315-2 and bowled them out for 21. Those were the days, reminds me of grade cricket as i think i got a Dnb, Dnb that day aswell

Ovie

Cricket Spectator
I soooo can't wait for the season this year, I'm all revved up as usual....first game is 13th May...like one month away :o

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm torn between spending all my weekends watching Derbyshire and taking up local umpiring (including taking my qualifications).