• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your English Cricket Season: 2008

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, it does sound like I made it up, but it does exist, believe it or not.

Which team did you play for in the Aire-Wharfe league, Kev?
I never played in the Aire-Wharfe league though I knew and played against a number of good players that did.

In my time (1990s) there were 3 reasons why I didnt play there. Things may have changed now, but at the time it wasnt a marquee league, I had better offers from elsewhere and, at the times I wasnt concerned about the other two, then it wasnt particularly local to me.

It always had a good reputation but didnt really have the profile of some other leagues.

Last edited:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I mean, the 1st team A division is of a fairly high standard, you'll get the odd ex FC overseas player from India/Pakistan, as well as some semi-proffesional players. Good pitches as well, but the standard of the 2nd team C division sorta sucks.