• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your English Cricket Season: 2008

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
I wanna see you standing in Tests by 2015.
Ohhhhh, the YEAR 2015.

Incidentally, I shall be 62 in 2015 - a fine age I'm sure you will agree. One of those memorable ages.

I was in the pub at 6.00 tonight, and a guy I'd never seen before came in and ordered a pint. The landlord said that he'd never seen him before and the man told him that he was new to the area, having moved with his job. He added "I'm 62 today". On hearing this, the landlord said "On the house", to which the man replied "Thanks very much". The pair chatted awhile before the customer made to leave, thanking the landlord again for the free pint.

"Will we see you tomorrow?" He asked.

"No", replied the customer. "I'm two to ten tomorrow".

chris.hinton

International Captain
I will be playing for Erdington Court Cricket Club this year the same as last year, its situated in Erdington, Birmingham... it is a very ambitous club and has made great strides in the last 3 years... we have a lot of players, and our Under 17s are the best Under 17s in North Birmingham Area.We have a Warwickshire Academy play too

And yet we play in Warwickshire Division 3 which is 4 leagues below Birmingham League, I play ( Well Hope) in the 3rd xi

Langeveldt

Soutie
I'm probably playing for Taunton Cricket Club..

The main thrust of this season will be photography for me though, I've got a semi professional setup and a car, so I'll be looking for a big season from that point of view

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Outdoor nets start Monday 25th for me, but the fixtures aren't completely sorted, so there's a chance of not getting a game until June.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Jungle Jumbo said:
Nah, we're Cheshire. We last played Liverpool two years back and stuck up 190-odd in 25 overs, we're just about even with Merchant Taylor's. Also from up Liverpool way we play St Anselms and Birkenhead (yet to beat them).
Ha, no one beats Birkenhead.

Superkingdave, what school did you play for?

My seasonn has started badly, i haven't been picked for the 3s despite bowling the captain 4 times at nets *ranting*. Ah well, i guess it's another seaosn being randomly picked for the 4s again.