Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "World XI in 2008"

"World XI in 2008"

Well 2008 is quite far away and i know that a lot of things can happen in the meantime such as new players coming up, a player dramtically improving (Freddie) or another suddenly declining (Sachin) but just for the fun of it we will assume things remain constant except the ages of the player. So my World XI would be

1.Shewag
    2.Smith
    3.Ponting
    4.K.P
    5.Hussy
    6.Freddie
    7.Akmal
    8.Warne
    9.Munaf
    10.S.Jones
    11.Asif

Why can't people spell S-E-H-W-A-G right on this forum. Its not even pronounced shewag.
    Member of LSU (bowl part time pies)

RIP Fardin

Yeah I don't understand this SHEWAG rubbish. Some obscure Indians decided to call him that and now so many use it. Sounds like some shaggy dog that way. Not like he's any better than a shaggy dog these days ...

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib
    Well 2008 is quite far away and i know that a lot of things can happen in the meantime such as new players coming up, a player dramtically improving (Freddie) or another suddenly declining (Sachin) but just for the fun of it we will assume things remain constant except the ages of the player. So my World XI would be

1.Shewag
    2.Smith
    3.Ponting
    4.K.P
    5.Hussy
    6.Freddie
    7.Akmal
    8.Warne
    9.Munaf
    10.S.Jones
    11.Asif
    pretty much agree with you except i think Lee or Ntini should surely be there instead of Patel while Trescothick for me would be ahead Smith for the second opener slot since i think Tres is a better opener than him.

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib
    f
    If we assumer everything is the same in 2008, won't the world XI be the same as to world XI as it is now?

And, i feel Simon Jones is over rated by a lot of people on this forum, i think that he's so highly hyped because he hardly ever plays. In the ashes last year he bowler really well for 4 test matches(not taking that away from him, he was fantastic) but due to injury, that's all he's done so we haven't seen the not-so-good side of Jones yet, skewing peoples opinions of him.

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by open365
    If we assumer everything is the same in 2008, won't the world XI be the same as to world XI as it is now?

And, i feel Simon Jones is over rated by a lot of people on this forum, i think that he's so highly hyped because he hardly ever plays. In the ashes last year he bowler really well for 4 test matches(not taking that away from him, he was fantastic) but due to injury, that's all he's done so we haven't seen the not-so-good side of Jones yet, skewing peoples opinions of him.
    That's probably true to some extent but I'd argue that he's got all the tools, it's just a question of whether he can put it all together consistently. Oh.. and whether he can actually get on a cricket pitch with any regularity.

Quote Originally Posted by William
    That's probably true to some extent but I'd argue that he's got all the tools, it's just a question of whether he can put it all together consistently. Oh.. and whether he can actually get on a cricket pitch with any regularity.
    Somehow i think your last point may have more bearing on his career than the first, it can't imagine what he must be feeling like with all the injuries.

Jones can bowl great wicket taking deliveries on a regular basis, but accuracy is the main thing he needs to improve on yet accuracy is very much a rythm thing IMO which with the injuries suffered by Jones, he hasn't yet got a long enough period to show what he's relaly made of.

TIF
    Smith
    Trescothick
    Ponting
    Pietersen
    Hussey
    Flintoff
    Dhoni
    Irfan Pathan
    Munaf Patel
    Mohammad Asif
    Muralitharan
    Disclaimer: Avatar is as a result of a bet.

No.1 fan of Munaf Patel.

Member of CW Green and Campsfield Braves

Why does it seem that me and Richard are the only people that wouldn't have Trescothick in a world 11???

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by open365
    Why does it seem that me and Richard are the only people that wouldn't have Trescothick in a world 11???
    I don't know, but he's on course to become England's highest run-scorer ever, and his runs total in 2005 was 16th on the all-time list of most runs in a calendar year - some stats you can't ignore.

1.Sehwag
    2.Trescothick
    3.Ponting
    4.Pietersen
    5.Hussy
    6.Flintoff
    7.Dhoni
    8.Warne
    9.Ntini
    10. H.Singh/Kumble
    11.Sreesanth
    Durham CCC Membership Holder
    Hartlepool CC Regular
    Peterlee CC Regular

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble
    I don't know, but he's on course to become England's highest run-scorer ever, and his runs total in 2005 was 16th on the all-time list of most runs in a calendar year - some stats you can't ignore.

Thats a little misleading, just like Warne's total wickets in a calender year is misleading. If you play a lot of tests, you will invariably score more runs. Assuming you play a minimum of like seven or eight tests a year, you have to go by averages.

I wouldn't have him on my world XI either.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    1.Sehwag
    2.Smith
    3.Ponting
    4.Dravid
    5.Hussey
    6.Freddie
    7.Akmal
    8.Warne
    9.Lee
    10.S.Jones
    11.Murali

I want to see Warne and Murali bowling in tandem on a turning wicket.

International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo
    Why can't people spell S-E-H-W-A-G right on this forum. Its not even pronounced shewag.
    Actually I think he started his career known as Shewag. Wisden in 2001 certainly lists him with this spelling.

rather mad Norwegian Magrat Garlick's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker
    1.Sehwag
    2.Smith
    3.Ponting
    4.Dravid
    5.Hussey
    6.Freddie
    7.Akmal
    8.Warne
    9.Lee
    10.S.Jones
    11.Murali

I want to see Warne and Murali bowling in tandem on a turning wicket.
    Hm, no. No one for Smith to push up the order when he figures out he can't face the new ball.
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett, Benaud and Thunberg

I had a glimpse of Eureka
    Chewing me up, chewing me up and spitting me out

-jected, I was rejected
    I wasn't good enough to be elected
    Lava, it was like lava
    Moving through my body like fire

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information