6 Ryder
    7 McCullum
    8 Oram
    9 Vettori
    10 Franklin
    11 Bond
    Looks about right.

Quote Originally Posted by open365
    He averages 45, which is great for the time he's been playing, but quite frankly, we are spoilt for choice with openers in world cricket atm, and i think most of them are better than Tres.

He plays a lot of cricket matches, more than anyone in the England side by far, he's the fastest player to 1000,2000,3000,4000 and 5000 test runs in terms of days elasped, which just goes to show we are playing far too much cricket these days.
    He averaged 55.12 last year, he did have a great year, he was the most consistent batsman in the Ashes, only going for single figures once, and I certainly hope he's at his best this summer, and that he does great things

He'd be in my XI
    GIMH

CW LEGEND. HEAD OF FEATURES 2009-11. BOTM CHAMPION 2011 & 15. LORD PROTECTOR 2019-20. SAVED CW FROM COVID-19 WIPEOUT. PLATINUM LOUNGE FOUNDING MEMBER. TORY **** 2005-13. DELUDED CENTRIST 2013-15. PART OF EVERY PROBLEM 2016-PRESENT. THE GOVERNMENT IS A CONCEPT BY WHICH WE MEASURE OUR PAIN.

SWA/UP THE ENGLISH

Cricket Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker
    Hmm? I said it was misleading, not inaccurate. Warne is easily the best slow bowler in the world, and probably the best bowler in the world, period. Nevertheless, his number of wickets are inflated by the amount of matches Aus played.
    How'd he do in the Ashes though? I'd say fantastic, I'd say the best player between both teams. How many wickets did he get in that series? Just under half his wicket tally for the whole year. I dunno, how's that misleading? He played fantastic last year. I guess we'll agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Ikki; 14-04-2006 at 10:25 PM.

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KaZoH0lic
    How'd he do in the Ashes though? I'd day fantastic, I'd say the best player between both teams. How many wickets did he get in that series? Just under half his wicket tally for the whole year. I dunno, how's that misleading? He played fantastic last year. I guess we'll agree to disagree.
    He isn't saying anything against Warne's undoubtable quality as a bowler, he is saying that he played a lot of games in the year which contributed to him getting the said award.

And it's true, if he played the same amount of games as Lille(the current record holder) he would have ended uo with 2-3 less wickets.

I'd back Asif and Akmal (tests) to be in a World XI by the end of 2008.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Cricket Champion!
    He isn't saying anything against Warne's undoubtable quality as a bowler, he is saying that he played a lot of games in the year which contributed to him getting the said award.

And it's true, if he played the same amount of games as Lille(the current record holder) he would have ended uo with 2-3 less wickets.
    That's my point, kinda. He got 40 of them in one test series alone. Shane is the new record holder and how does 2-3 wickets mislead?

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Upul Tharanga
    Phil Jaques
    Peter Fulton
    Kevin Pietersen
    Mohammad Ashraful
    Andrew Flintoff (c)
    Kamran Akmal (wk)
    Brett Lee
    Mohammad Asif
    Simon Jones
    Emanul Haque Jnr
    Last edited by chaminda_00; 15-04-2006 at 02:19 AM.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Ashraful to be better than Hussey, Kallis, Dravid and Ponting in 2 years? Daring prediction there.
    It's cold on the outside they say
    But the cold leaves you clear while the heat leaves a haze

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00
    Paul Fulton
    You mean Peter Fulton??

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    Ashraful to be better than Hussey, Kallis, Dravid and Ponting in 2 years? Daring prediction there.
    I thought having Emanul Haque Jnr infront for Warne and Murali was more daring.

The way i look at it, if someone asked you this two years ago then Lara and Tendulkar will be two of the first names in the side. But now Tendulkar will be no where near a World XI and Lara just makes it, but then you would probably have do drop either Kallis, Dravid or Ponting. These might be reaching their prime by then, or establishing themselves as one of the better players of their era.

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KaZoH0lic
    That's my point, kinda. He got 40 of them in one test series alone. Shane is the new record holder and how does 2-3 wickets mislead?
    Because he's acctualy taken less wickets per-game than Lillee did.

I know the award isn't for most wickets per game in a year, but I must admit to being a bit miffed when i found out he played more games than anyone else.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00
    I thought having Emanul Haque Jnr infront for Warne and Murali was more daring.

The way i look at it, if someone asked you this two years ago then Lara and Tendulkar will be two of the first names in the side. But now Tendulkar will be no where near a World XI and Lara just makes it, but then you would probably have do drop either Kallis, Dravid or Ponting. These might be reaching their prime by then, or establishing themselves as one of the better players of their era.
    Two years ago was 2004. Ponting averaged 100 for the season the year before that, and Dravid was already significantly more consistent than Tendulkar at the time. Lara probably would have made it, but then he wasn't young in 2004 either.

I can see why someone would pick a spinner other than Murali or Warne, because Warne may well be retired and Murali will be what, 35 or 36 then? Ponting, Kallis and Dravid have probably 5 years apiece left in them, if not more.

Cricket Champion!
    Because he's acctualy taken less wickets per-game than Lillee did.

I know the award isn't for most wickets per game in a year, but I must admit to being a bit miffed when i found out he played more games than anyone else.
    What are the strike rates?

State 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Looks about right.
    Ryder, Oram and McCullum to form the most lethal and attacking middle order in ODI cricket in 08.
    GO THE BLACK CAPS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming
    Ryder, Oram and McCullum to form the most lethal and attacking middle order in ODI cricket in 08.
    It will be up there... although Ryder seems to have gone against his natural instincts lately. He isn't the dasher he once was for CD.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information