• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which international cricketer do you most resemble on the field?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Bolwing: a leg-spin version of Fidel or Tait. Round-arm. Huge turn, but accuracy does suffer when I don't get it right.

Batting: an early Flintoff.

Fielding: Tuffers unfortunately!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Bowling: Alok Kapali
Batting: Chris Martin
Wicket Keeping: Geraint on an off-day
Captaincy: Sarfraz Ahmed
Coaching: Greg Chappell
Umpiring: Aleem Dar

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
My defense is probably closest to Gavaskar, but when I attack its usually like Viv Richards, while my bowling is a combination of Malcom Marshall and Dennis Lillee (or Imran Khan on an off day). However, I like to dabble in legspin, which tends to be similar to Shane Warne at Kumble pace.

In the field, its probably close to Gary Sobers in the slips.

Last edited:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
Bowling: Alok Kapali
Batting: Chris Martin
Wicket Keeping: Geraint on an off-day
Captaincy: Sarfraz Ahmed
Coaching: Greg Chappell
Umpiring: Aleem Dar
Alok Kapali has a Test hat-trick. :p

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, in all honesty, my dogged defence has had me noted as a right handed Jacques Rudolph, but **** at batting. Also, my looping offie action is a bit like Warney's leggies - but once again, ****.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Batting- I would say Aamir Sohail, though sometimes i try to copy Chanderpaul if i am facing a quick bowler.

Bowling- Murali with an even more blatant and intentional chuck:cool: .

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Xuhaib said:
Batting- I would say Aamir Sohail, though sometimes i try to copy Chanderpaul if i am facing a quick bowler.

Bowling- Murali with an even more blatant and intentional chuck:cool: .

Edit - just because the word's an image rather than text, it doesn't make it acceptable to post it...

Still, sentiment's right. This thread isn't about Murali...

Last edited by a moderator:

adharcric

International Coach
silentstriker said:
My defense is probably closest to Gavaskar, but when I attack its usually like Viv Richards, while my bowling is a combination of Malcom Marshall and Dennis Lillee (or Imran Khan on an off day). However, I like to dabble in legspin, which tends to be similar to Shane Warne at Kumble pace.

In the field, its probably close to Gary Sobers in the slips.
You should go play for Kenya. They really need a Sunny-Viv-Malcolm-Lillee-Imran-Warne-Kumble-Sobers type of cricketer. :laugh:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Physically I probably most resemble Matty Hayden, think he's slightly taller (I'm 6' 1") but we're both well built with barrell-chests & broad shoulders. I'd guess his chest is probably more solid than mine tho... :p

Batting wise I'm a mirror image of Tres in as much as I don't hold with footwork too much. I rely on my eye, which is turd. As a bowler I'm like a far slower Martin Bicknell; I amble in & bowl my slow-medium lollipops just back of a length and hopefully bore a few batters out. I'm hoping to play more this year; my team was relegated last year & more of the, er, able players have moved on. :laugh:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'm a right handed Simon Katich, combined with a bit of Graeme Smith. I shuffle across my stumps a whole lot, and have a penchant for the chip over mid-on, like Katich[doesnt always work though]. And I score mainly on the legside, a lot off my pads and from my pull and hook shots.

Bowling is a pretty simple action, front on out-swingers, sometimes can cut back in. My club captain says I have one of the fastest arm actions he's seen, it's kinda quick, makes slower balls hard to pick, but I'm too slow to have an effective one ;)

Fielding, bah, I'm decent over the turf and have good hands, I'm usually either a 2nd Slip or gully or at mid-off/mid-on. I don't know who to compare to.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
bowling; ashley giles obviously!
batting: maybe again Ashley? I can bat on off stump, I hate good lenght balls on leg stump!
fielding; no idea, can catch pretty well, ground fielding is pretty good, and v good reflexes.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Batting - Jason Gillespie. Forward defence, occasionally attempt a pull shot and get bowled.
Bowling - not sure, probably someone like Chaminda Vaas. Left arm, very consistent, don't generate a great deal of pace, nothing particularly idiosyncratic about my bowling action.
Fielding - Mark Taylor. Close catching is pretty good, ground fielding not great.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
(used to be)

Batting: Basharat Hassan (if he'd batted left-handed)
Bowling; John Snow (if he'd bowled left-handed)
Fielding: Randall (as in 'Randall and Hopkirk, Deceased')
Lunch/Tea: Inzy

howardj

International Coach
Batting: Jacques Rudolph (left-hander: limited shots; small backlift; fairly defensive)

Bowling: Simon Katich (left arm legspin; front-on action)