• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shahid Afridi "retires from Test cricket"

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Afridi was only dropped once in that innings, and that was by Vaughan at cover.

And you can't just assume Vaughan to take a catch, simply because he can't. If the ball is going in his direction you just assume its dropped.

;)

Beleg

International Regular
What is Vaughan, a walking grasshopper? Corpse? Zombie? The spirit of Vlad the Impaler come back to haunt the lives of all those who dare disagree with the sacred concept of First Chance Average?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jono said:
Afridi was only dropped once in that innings, and that was by Vaughan at cover.

And you can't just assume Vaughan to take a catch, simply because he can't. If the ball is going in his direction you just assume its dropped.

;)
Vaughan might drop a lot but he still (like pretty much everyone) would be expected to catch that - and would, more often than not.
In any case - I somehow doubt Afridi thought "ah, it's Vaughan, I can hit the ball in the air at him".

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Doesn't that look grand - the same post quoted twice in succession followed both times by a single emotiocon.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think its not the actual fact that we posted emoticons, but the difference in emoticons tells the true story Richard ;)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jono said:
I think its not the actual fact that we posted emoticons, but the difference in emoticons tells the true story Richard ;)
Err... ye-e-e-e-e-s-s-s-s-s. :mellow:
I was obviously alluding to that.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
How is the decision odd if the reasons are good? :blink:
odd in the sense that he would want to retire from test after improving a lot in the last year, the good reason is that he said that he couldn't take the stress of playing both forms of the game for the time being.

But its reversed anyway..