• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quality of wickets

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
KaZoH0lic said:
Well, from my point of view it isn't about that. It's when you compare player's records and you see that a large proportion of one player's wickets comes from worst test playing nations.
1/5 ISN'T a large proportion. The argument may be valid for someone like Pathan, but not for someone like Murali.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
GoT_SpIn said:
But generally bowlers do not attempt to bowl half trackers or full tosses as good opp. will give them a good beating.

Therefore, wickets gained via full toss or half tracker are not quality wickets
what if you have 3 men on the deep on the leg side waiting for the miscued pull? The half tracker in that situation becomes a good wicket taking option, esp. if the batsman is a compulsive puller (and many in the world today are) and it is a big ground.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
He's at 611 and is close to 150 wickets against them. That's almost one out of every four wickets against the weakest oppositions in test cricket. I think that does him no service in terms of quality.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
KaZoH0lic said:
He's at 611 and is close to 150 wickets against them. That's almost one out of every four wickets against the weakest oppositions in test cricket. I think that does him no service in terms of quality.
yeah but about 15-20 of them came in the last series, when even you would agree Bangla have been better.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
yeah but about 15-20 of them came in the last series, when even you would agree Bangla have been better.
Yes better they are. Being relative, they're still in the bottom two test nations in the world.