Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 65

Thread: Chanderpaul Resigns as Captain

  1. #1
    International Coach adharcric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, California
    Posts
    10,898

    Chanderpaul Resigns as Captain

    West Indies skipper Shivnarine Chanderpaul has resigned from captaincy, citing a need to focus on his batting.

    Who's next?

  2. #2
    Global Moderator vic_orthdox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    29,569
    Liam will be happy. Doesn't look as though there's a ready made replacement though. Gotta hope that Ramnaresh's batting improves with the burden of captaincy?

  3. #3
    Banned Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    5,124
    Gayle

  4. #4
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago (Trinidad)
    Posts
    36,797


    Thank God. He may have just saved his career. It's just about a year later than the ideal.
    The new captain may well be (dare I say) Daren Ganga. *hides*
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

    The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]


  5. #5
    Cricket Web Owner James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    25,771
    Good move by Chanderpaul.

    I would personally give Lara the ODI captaincy leading into World Cup year, and Ramdin the test captaincy.

    LIam, I presume you're planning on updating on this on the frontpage

  6. #6
    State 12th Man Autobahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by James
    Good move by Chanderpaul.

    I would personally give Lara the ODI captaincy leading into World Cup year, and Ramdin the test captaincy.

    LIam, I presume you're planning on updating on this on the frontpage
    Hasn't Lara said he wants to cut back on his ODI career but is still intrested in the world cup?

    Sounds like he wanted to considered just for the world cup.

  7. #7
    International Coach adharcric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, California
    Posts
    10,898
    What about Bravo? Apart from Sarwan and Gayle, I'd look to him.

  8. #8
    Cricket Web Owner James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    25,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Autobahn
    Hasn't Lara said he wants to cut back on his ODI career but is still intrested in the world cup?

    Sounds like he wanted to considered just for the world cup.
    Oh really, I thought I heard Lara say in New Zealand that he would play the ODIs against Zimbabwe.

    Perhaps I heard wrong. Liam?

  9. #9
    Global Moderator vic_orthdox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    29,569
    Quote Originally Posted by adharcric
    What about Bravo? Apart from Sarwan and Gayle, I'd look to him.
    Too much responsibilty, too young.

  10. #10
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago (Trinidad)
    Posts
    36,797
    Quote Originally Posted by James
    I would personally give Lara the ODI captaincy leading into World Cup year, and Ramdin the test captaincy.
    Ramdin needs to sort himself out first. He totally fell apart in New Zealand.
    Quote Originally Posted by James
    LIam, I presume you're planning on updating on this on the frontpage
    When I'm done watching TV.

  11. #11
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago (Trinidad)
    Posts
    36,797
    Quote Originally Posted by James
    Oh really, I thought I heard Lara say in New Zealand that he would play the ODIs against Zimbabwe.

    Perhaps I heard wrong. Liam?
    Not sure about Lara's ODI plans, but he has stated explicitly that he's not interested in the captaincy at this stage of his career.

  12. #12
    Cricket Web Owner James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    25,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    Ramdin needs to sort himself out first. He totally fell apart in New Zealand.
    He wasn't alone there though mate.

    Are the players still having bad dreams about Shane Bond?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    When I'm done watching TV.
    Cheers.

  13. #13
    Cricket Web Owner James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    25,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    Not sure about Lara's ODI plans, but he has stated explicitly that he's not interested in the captaincy at this stage of his career.
    I would have thought Lara would have been a good stop gap measure until after the World Cup.

    Apart from Ganga, who would you say are close to getting the role?

  14. #14
    International Coach adharcric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, California
    Posts
    10,898
    Quote Originally Posted by James
    I would have thought Lara would have been a good stop gap measure until after the World Cup.

    Apart from Ganga, who would you say are close to getting the role?
    Why are people overlooking Sarwan? Isn't he the most accomplished member of this side after Lara, Chanderpaul and Gayle. For that matter, why are people overlooking Gayle?

  15. #15
    Global Moderator vic_orthdox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    29,569
    Quote Originally Posted by adharcric
    Why are people overlooking Sarwan? Isn't he the most accomplished member of this side after Lara, Chanderpaul and Gayle. For that matter, why are people overlooking Gayle?
    Sarwan being overlooked because he is still seen as an underachiever with the amount of talent that he has, and most would prefer to see the captaincy a burden towards him reaching that potential.

    Gayle doesn't seem to command the respect of the cricket world for his leadership capabilities because of the attitude that is portrayed through the media. I'm not saying that he doesn't have those leadership capabilities, but to the general public, he's made to look like this beacon of coolness (i.e. cooler than Lenny Kravitz), and captaincy does not equal coolness.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Great Test Matches..
    By Neil Pickup in forum Cricket Games
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 07:17 PM
  2. Posting League table
    By chris.hinton in forum Site Discussion
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 05-10-2009, 06:58 PM
  3. Replies: 106
    Last Post: 12-04-2006, 05:38 AM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 30-03-2005, 04:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •