Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling all Off Spinners!

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar

Calling all Off Spinners!

Just seeing if there is any off spinners out there who want to join the OSS (Off Spinners Society). Some people may see this as a rip off the LSU (Pie Throwers Union), but i don't care.

We got the best bowler of all time in Murali (anyone who wants to start a Warne v Murali Thread, the door over there) and some of the great bowlers of all time in Lance Gibbs, Bedi, Chandrasekhar, Hugh Trumble and Jack McNamara.

So its time for a club/society of our own to pay tribute to these greats and celebrate the great and ever changing art of off spin bowling.

So any off spinners out there, it doesn't matter if your part time or regular offie, that want you join just put your name here and i'll send you your membership package in the mail.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00
    Just seeing if there is any off spinners out there who want to join the OSS (Off Spinners Society). Some people may see this as a rip off the LSU (Pie Throwers Union), but i don't care.

We got the best bowler of all time in Murali (anyone who wants to start a Warne v Murali Thread, the door over there) and some of the great bowlers of all time in Lance Gibbs, Bedi, Chandrasekhar, Hugh Trumble and Jack McNamara.

So its time for a club/society of our own to pay tribute to these greats and celebrate the great and ever changing art of off spin bowling.

So any off spinners out there, it doesn't matter if your part time or regular offie, that want you join just put your name here and i'll send you your membership package in the mail.
    Only if the membership package has anything I'd like in it. I'm a seam bowler but I did bowl a little off-spin the other day while practicing. It didn't spin, but I think that makes me qualified for this society. Just consider it a "straighter one", or better yet a doosra. That's right, I've already mastered it.

International Captain
    Charminda how do you rate leon zammit or ben woolmer,if kregja fails to shine with his off spin next season the selectors may look elsewhere,and i gather these 2 depite being leggies are our next look ins.
    Steve o'leefe is a part timer for me and i doubt we will sign beau casson even tho its clear we are trying to sign him,to be honest we would be better signing brad hogg and he can alternate with macgill between tests and one dayers.

Don't know much about woolmer, but zammit pathetic and shouldn't go anywhere near the NSW side. I think Steve O'Keefe is a lot better then a part timer and there also Bright. I looks to me as New South Wales are looking for more of an all rounder with O'Brien in the side and O'Keefe, Bright and Jason fit the bill.

Hopefully we sign Casson though...

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    I'll join!

I'm an offie, but strictly part-time. Bowling figures in the last five years: 4-1-44-0.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Not really interested in joining, but I would like to stick my hand up as one of the many part time off spinners in the nets. Strictly a pace bowler really, but I do like to try to turn the odd ball. The lack of spin always deceives the batsmen
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble
    I'll join!

I'm an offie, but strictly part-time. Bowling figures in the last five years: 4-1-44-0.
    You bowled a maiden but still went for 44?

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by open365
    You bowled a maiden but still went for 44?
    That was 2-1-24-0, 1-0-11-0 and 1-0-9-0.

The maiden was bowled to a tailender, then I bowled the next over to their no4 and got hit for 4x6.

I didn't think I bowled that badly!

International Coach
    Small point, but the LSU wasn't set up due to the great leggies over the years. It was set up to aid leggies in the CWXI system - so the OSS (if it continues) could have some use towards that.
    Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Halsey
    Small point, but the LSU wasn't set up due to the great leggies over the years. It was set up to aid leggies in the CWXI system - so the OSS (if it continues) could have some use towards that.
    Yeah that could be arranged, we'll see if there is any interest here first.

I'm a right-arm quick but one of my coaches was so impressed with my slower off-break that he asked me to bowl a few overs of it (9 overs 3 maidens 2/29). It wasn't what you would call Murli-ish, and my stock ball was a wrong-un... which span further than the offie.
    I'd love to join as a non-talented off-spinning hack
    CricketWeb Colts - Twybridge Titans

Quote Originally Posted by chooka_nick
    I'm a right-arm quick...., and my stock ball was a wrong-un... which span further than the offie.
    I'd love to join as a non-talented off-spinning hack
    I got the same problem, except i try to bowl leggies when not bowling pace
    Proud Member of the Melbourne Demons ,'97,'98,'99,'05-'13
    Supporter of Melbourne Demons FC, Aston Villa FC, and the Flyers

"This tournament is a joke. Grass is for cows, I'm never coming back." - Marat Safin

Fast bowlers that bowl part time off spinners are fine, but if they bowl part time leggies, then we might have to ask you to start bowling offies in the nets.

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00
    Fast bowlers that bowl part time off spinners are fine, but if they bowl part time leggies, then we might have to ask you to start bowling offies in the nets.
    That's what i mean, they're all offies, and they work cause both me and the batsman are expecting a legspinner

I'll join, you''ll have both of CW's youth internationals
    although our action is offspin; our balls turn like leggies...hmm
    P.S. We beat England at Lord's
    Member of the RTDAS.
    Member of the ESAS - Edgar Schiferli Appreciation Society
    President of the DNAS - Dirk Nannes Appreciation Society
    Member of the CW Colts!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I think it's really disappointing of her - would only take a minute or two of her time....
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Wishful thinking on your behalf.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information