• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Calling all Off Spinners!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Just seeing if there is any off spinners out there who want to join the OSS (Off Spinners Society). Some people may see this as a rip off the LSU (Pie Throwers Union), but i don't care.

We got the best bowler of all time in Murali (anyone who wants to start a Warne v Murali Thread, the door over there) and some of the great bowlers of all time in Lance Gibbs, Bedi, Chandrasekhar, Hugh Trumble and Jack McNamara. :cool:

So its time for a club/society of our own to pay tribute to these greats and celebrate the great and ever changing art of off spin bowling.

So any off spinners out there, it doesn't matter if your part time or regular offie, that want you join just put your name here and i'll send you your membership package in the mail. :D

adharcric

International Coach
chaminda_00 said:
Just seeing if there is any off spinners out there who want to join the OSS (Off Spinners Society). Some people may see this as a rip off the LSU (Pie Throwers Union), but i don't care.

We got the best bowler of all time in Murali (anyone who wants to start a Warne v Murali Thread, the door over there) and some of the great bowlers of all time in Lance Gibbs, Bedi, Chandrasekhar, Hugh Trumble and Jack McNamara. :cool:

So its time for a club/society of our own to pay tribute to these greats and celebrate the great and ever changing art of off spin bowling.

So any off spinners out there, it doesn't matter if your part time or regular offie, that want you join just put your name here and i'll send you your membership package in the mail. :D
Only if the membership package has anything I'd like in it. I'm a seam bowler but I did bowl a little off-spin the other day while practicing. It didn't spin, but I think that makes me qualified for this society. Just consider it a "straighter one", or better yet a doosra. That's right, I've already mastered it.

brockley

International Captain
Charminda how do you rate leon zammit or ben woolmer,if kregja fails to shine with his off spin next season the selectors may look elsewhere,and i gather these 2 depite being leggies are our next look ins.
Steve o'leefe is a part timer for me and i doubt we will sign beau casson even tho its clear we are trying to sign him,to be honest we would be better signing brad hogg and he can alternate with macgill between tests and one dayers.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Don't know much about woolmer, but zammit pathetic and shouldn't go anywhere near the NSW side. I think Steve O'Keefe is a lot better then a part timer and there also Bright. I looks to me as New South Wales are looking for more of an all rounder with O'Brien in the side and O'Keefe, Bright and Jason fit the bill.

Hopefully we sign Casson though...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not really interested in joining, but I would like to stick my hand up as one of the many part time off spinners in the nets. Strictly a pace bowler really, but I do like to try to turn the odd ball. The lack of spin always deceives the batsmen :D

open365

International Vice-Captain
Barney Rubble said:
I'll join! :D

I'm an offie, but strictly part-time. Bowling figures in the last five years: 4-1-44-0. :laugh:
You bowled a maiden but still went for 44?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
open365 said:
You bowled a maiden but still went for 44?
That was 2-1-24-0, 1-0-11-0 and 1-0-9-0.

The maiden was bowled to a tailender, then I bowled the next over to their no4 and got hit for 4x6. :ph34r: :blink:

I didn't think I bowled that badly! :laugh:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Small point, but the LSU wasn't set up due to the great leggies over the years. It was set up to aid leggies in the CWXI system - so the OSS (if it continues) could have some use towards that.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Tom Halsey said:
Small point, but the LSU wasn't set up due to the great leggies over the years. It was set up to aid leggies in the CWXI system - so the OSS (if it continues) could have some use towards that.
Yeah that could be arranged, we'll see if there is any interest here first.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
I'm a right-arm quick but one of my coaches was so impressed with my slower off-break that he asked me to bowl a few overs of it (9 overs 3 maidens 2/29). It wasn't what you would call Murli-ish, and my stock ball was a wrong-un... which span further than the offie.
I'd love to join as a non-talented off-spinning hack :D

cameeel

International Captain
chooka_nick said:
I'm a right-arm quick...., and my stock ball was a wrong-un... which span further than the offie.
I'd love to join as a non-talented off-spinning hack :D
I got the same problem, except i try to bowl leggies when not bowling pace

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Fast bowlers that bowl part time off spinners are fine, but if they bowl part time leggies, then we might have to ask you to start bowling offies in the nets.

cameeel

International Captain
chaminda_00 said:
Fast bowlers that bowl part time off spinners are fine, but if they bowl part time leggies, then we might have to ask you to start bowling offies in the nets.
That's what i mean, they're all offies, and they work cause both me and the batsman are expecting a legspinner:wacko:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll join, you''ll have both of CW's youth internationals :p
although our action is offspin; our balls turn like leggies...hmm

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:

I used to bowl slow medium in swing so count me in. Its more like an off break than what Chandrashekhar bowled:dry:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
Nah. He's a Giles wannabe.
Ahh now it all makes sence, man only Tarick and me are the regular offies that signed up, the rest have been part timers. Where are all the offies on CW.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I'd be really interested in taking part (either as a player, or as part of the staff) of a spinner's academy, much like Dave Watt's pace bowling academy (WRT CW stuff).