• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia v Pakistan Test Series

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Post all comments on the Aussie V Pakistan Series Here.....

(Not worth a new thread for Tests 2+3 IMO..)

[Edited on 7/10/02 by Neil Pickup]

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Bring me to some light here, when does it start and what are the probable teams ??
especially what team are Australia playing?

masterblaster

International Captain
Well Pakistan is playing a very young, inexperienced team. Where as Glenn McGrath was quoted as saying and I quote "Those young ****'s better have health cover as Im going to leave a few scars on them".

Possibly Imran Nazir and Taufeeq Umer will open the batting, instead of Saeed Anwar. Imran Farhat and Faisal Iqbal are chances of playing too.

Young Leggie Danish Kaniera also might play along with Saqlain Mushtaq. Misbah Ul Haq will play ahead of his namesake Inzamam cos good old "aloo" is injured.

Pakistan (from): Waqar Younis (capt), Imran Nazir, Taufeeq Umar, Faisal Iqbal, Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq, Saqlain Mushtaq, Abdul Razzaq, Rashid Latif (wk), Shoaib Akhtar, Mohammad Sami, Danish Kaneria, Naved-ul-Hasan, Imran Farhat, Mohammad Zahid, Hasan Raza

Australia (from): Steve Waugh (capt), Adam Gilchrist (wk), Matthew Hayden, Ricky Ponting, Justin Langer, Mark Waugh, Darren Lehmann, Damien Martyn, Shane Warne, Nathan Hauritz, Andy Bichel, Brett Lee, Jason Gillespie, Glenn McGrath

No real comparison, Australia will win this series hands down. 3-0 victory, or if the tretcherous Sri Lankan rain pours again and forces a draw, then 2-0 victory to Aussies.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
The 1st game gets underway in about 15 minutes...

I expect an easy series win to Australia...

It will really test the so called depth of the Pakistani side, if they can match it with the Aussies then they have backup to their claims....

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia have won the toss and i expect them to bat on a wicket that is expected to trun on a 5c peice....

basil

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
This is more like a Pak B team, the most senior batsman in the team is Younis Khan who has played Just 20 test matches! I won't be surprised if such a team get out to a score below 100.
The matches will probably won't last till the fourth day!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan's biggest problem is their batting, missing the likes of
Inzamam-ul-Haq, Yousuf Youhana and Saeed Anwar so will be relying
on the newbies to come through but their strength lies in pace
bowling with help from Danish Kaneria and Saqlain "a
Australia could play two spinners by adding off-spinner Nathan
Hauritz and Shane Warne but look set to back their fearsome pace
bowling attack, Glen McGrath, Jason Gillespie and Brett Lee with
only Warne.
Australia's batting picks itself with Justin Langer opening the
innings with the inform Matthew Hayden and the Waugh twins
slipping into the middle order.
The venue is the P. Saravanamuttu stadium with a pitch expected to
assist fast bowlers on the first morning before becoming a typical
slow Sri Lankan turner.
Weather forecast not too good, calls for scattered thunderstorms
through till Monday and last night's rain was not too heavy so an
on time start today.
Australia has won the toss and are batting.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Teams

Australia team:
ML Hayden, JL Langer, RT Ponting, ME Waugh, *SR Waugh,
DR Martyn, +AC Gilchrist, SK Warne, B Lee, JN Gillespie,
GD McGrath.

Pakistan team:
Imran Nazir, Taufeeq Umar, Faisal Iqbal, Younis Khan,
Misbah-ul-Haq, Abdur Razzaq, +Rashid Latif, *Waqar Younis,
Saqlain Mushtaq, Mohammad Sami, Shoaib Akhtar.

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
A lively first over from Waqar.

Langer hit a hard catch to gully and is dropped by Sami. Hayden pulls his first ball for four, leaves the next two and then tries to pull the fifth ball of the day only to top edge to cover. POnting then ducks into a bouncer getting hit on the helmet for his first ball. An exciting day to come.

basil

That dropped catch can prove to be very costly, Langer might come up with a big score.Had that catch been taken, Aus would have been in some trouble.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I wish they had played like this against Sri Lanka in the Champions Trophy...

we are goin at 6 an over...

1/122

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I can see why M Waugh is under pressure - his career average of 42 is lowest of the Aussie Top 7!

Eclipse

International Debutant
they have souch a good test batting line up

thats the avrages of all the top 7 lol.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Gosh....I missed some action. Looksl ike Ponting played a good innings, worth seeing ?....anyway, Sami's figures dont look very bright.

How much was langer dropped on ?

It will really test the so called depth of the Pakistani side, if they can match it with the Aussies then they have backup to their claims....
Hardly that Gregory. This is not the full strength Pakistan side. Still, maybe we need to be more positive and optimistic about them, still they are Pakistani players. Hope they can salvage
something :)

basil

Originally posted by Gotchya
Gosh....I missed some action. Looksl ike Ponting played a good innings, worth seeing ?....anyway, Sami's figures dont look very bright.

How much was langer dropped on ?

He was dropped on zero! and as i said that dropped catch did prove costly.

Pak made a mistake by going in with 4 pacers on such a pitch, Danish should really have been in the team.