Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do they go from here?

International Captain

Where do they go from here?

Wonder what will happen to the boys from our under 19(australia) side that did so well in the youth world cup.
    Gather moises henriques will get a full contract at NSW and will have his chance to play one day and pura cricket.Aaron finch will be at the academy this winter.
    Wicketkeeper wade will get a rookie contract from tasmania and probably play for their 2nd xl side.
    Interesting some of the boys played in the 2nd xl competition last year as well as some of the boys who did not make the national side.I guess thats where many their short term future lies,as well as getting rookie contracts from their states and playing grade cricket
    Adam ritchard will probably play for the comets again altho he could easily be signed up by another state.
    Might be worth a few of the boys moving interstate either tasmania or the canberra comets for mine,get fast tracked like shane watson did..

Jon Holland received a Crusaders scholarship sort of thing, where he gets the choice of either playing club cricket over in England, or he heads over to Europe with the annual Crusaders cricket trip.

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox
    Jon Holland received a Crusaders scholarship sort of thing, where he gets the choice of either playing club cricket over in England, or he heads over to Europe with the annual Crusaders cricket trip.
    and how about you mate? How are you getting along?

Just lapping up the off-season. A few months off. Haven't heard anything from Cricket Victoria at this stage, so I'll probably do a pre-season with Camberwell Magpies (my club side) and I'm also helping recruit young players to the club. Besides that, part time uni and working 20 odd hours a week at Multiplex.

A lot of us will just be left to fend for ourselves now in our respective grade cricket competitions, with the odd 2nd XI game. Outside of Moises, no-one else will probably be a "prodigy" as such, and some will end up getting games for their states in the next few years.

Adam Ritchard and Will Sheridan will probably play in the U/19 National Championships for ACT as their two overage players, Simon Keen was the one underage player who went to SL and will play again for NSW at the Nationals.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    The talk around NSW is that Tom Cooper is pretty close to making the NSW side after the faliure of a few of the batsmen last season. If he has a good start to the grade, state cup and 2nd XI games he might take Matthew Phelps spot.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Jack, have you heard of Adam Wasyluk? I beleive he played for NSW under 19s a couple of years back. Pretty nippy nippy bowler, played for our club 1st XI.
    Member of LSU (bowl part time pies)

RIP Fardin

Cricket Web Staff Member luckyeddie's Avatar
    Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Just lapping up the off-season. A few months off. Haven't heard anything from Cricket Victoria at this stage, so I'll probably do a pre-season with Camberwell Magpies (my club side) and I'm also helping recruit young players to the club. Besides that, part time uni and working 20 odd hours a week at Multiplex.
    Get your finger out you git.

Wembley won't finish itself, you know.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Quote Originally Posted by luckyeddie
    Get your finger out you git.

Wembley won't finish itself, you know.
    Inevitable jibe.You'd think that's the only job we have, reading the papers and looking at the share price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo
    Jack, have you heard of Adam Wasyluk? I beleive he played for NSW under 19s a couple of years back. Pretty nippy nippy bowler, played for our club 1st XI.
    Nah, sorry, don't know of him.

Anyone live around Birmingham or Leeds areas? I've got a few mates heading over this week to play some club cricket in England, who are playing for clubs in those cities.

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks

Anyone live around Birmingham or Leeds areas? I've got a few mates heading over this week to play some club cricket in England, who are playing for clubs in those cities.
    which clubs in Leeds?
    rave down, hit the ground

MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Swervy
    which clubs in Leeds?
    Not really sure, haha. I'll try and find out.

Not really sure, haha. I'll try and find out.
    hey, if you are willing, my club could do with an up and coming Aussie youngster, as long as you are willing to play for free, on crap pitches, make teas every once in a while, pay 20 quid yearly fee and a fiver a game (and a couple of quid for the bonus ball comp), find your own accomodation in the lovely city of Bradford, help replace locks on the changing room doors every week (thanks to the brilliant kids in the area for that) etc

you know you want to.....

hey, if you are willing, my club could do with an up and coming Aussie youngster, as long as you are willing to play for free, on crap pitches, make teas every once in a while, pay 20 quid yearly fee and a fiver a game (and a couple of quid for the bonus ball comp), find your own accomodation in the lovely city of Bradford, help replace locks on the changing room doors every week (thanks to the brilliant kids in the area for that) etc

you know you want to.....
    Oh, so you'll pay the airfare?

Oh, so you'll pay the airfare?
    airfare???? you can hitch a lift....bloody bludger

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    airfare???? you can hitch a lift....bloody bludger
    Didn't know you could hitch lifts overseas...
    Don't go chasing waterfalls

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information