• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where do they go from here?

brockley

International Captain
Wonder what will happen to the boys from our under 19(australia) side that did so well in the youth world cup.
Gather moises henriques will get a full contract at NSW and will have his chance to play one day and pura cricket.Aaron finch will be at the academy this winter.
Wicketkeeper wade will get a rookie contract from tasmania and probably play for their 2nd xl side.
Interesting some of the boys played in the 2nd xl competition last year as well as some of the boys who did not make the national side.I guess thats where many their short term future lies,as well as getting rookie contracts from their states and playing grade cricket
Adam ritchard will probably play for the comets again altho he could easily be signed up by another state.
Might be worth a few of the boys moving interstate either tasmania or the canberra comets for mine,get fast tracked like shane watson did..

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Jon Holland received a Crusaders scholarship sort of thing, where he gets the choice of either playing club cricket over in England, or he heads over to Europe with the annual Crusaders cricket trip.

James

Cricket Web Owner
vic_orthdox said:
Jon Holland received a Crusaders scholarship sort of thing, where he gets the choice of either playing club cricket over in England, or he heads over to Europe with the annual Crusaders cricket trip.
and how about you mate? How are you getting along?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Just lapping up the off-season. A few months off. Haven't heard anything from Cricket Victoria at this stage, so I'll probably do a pre-season with Camberwell Magpies (my club side) and I'm also helping recruit young players to the club. Besides that, part time uni and working 20 odd hours a week at Multiplex.

A lot of us will just be left to fend for ourselves now in our respective grade cricket competitions, with the odd 2nd XI game. Outside of Moises, no-one else will probably be a "prodigy" as such, and some will end up getting games for their states in the next few years.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Adam Ritchard and Will Sheridan will probably play in the U/19 National Championships for ACT as their two overage players, Simon Keen was the one underage player who went to SL and will play again for NSW at the Nationals.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The talk around NSW is that Tom Cooper is pretty close to making the NSW side after the faliure of a few of the batsmen last season. If he has a good start to the grade, state cup and 2nd XI games he might take Matthew Phelps spot.

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Jack, have you heard of Adam Wasyluk? I beleive he played for NSW under 19s a couple of years back. Pretty nippy nippy bowler, played for our club 1st XI.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
vic_orthdox said:
Just lapping up the off-season. A few months off. Haven't heard anything from Cricket Victoria at this stage, so I'll probably do a pre-season with Camberwell Magpies (my club side) and I'm also helping recruit young players to the club. Besides that, part time uni and working 20 odd hours a week at Multiplex.
Get your finger out you git.

Wembley won't finish itself, you know.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
luckyeddie said:
Get your finger out you git.

Wembley won't finish itself, you know.
:lol: Inevitable jibe.You'd think that's the only job we have, reading the papers and looking at the share price. :no:
Armadillo said:
Jack, have you heard of Adam Wasyluk? I beleive he played for NSW under 19s a couple of years back. Pretty nippy nippy bowler, played for our club 1st XI.
Nah, sorry, don't know of him.

Anyone live around Birmingham or Leeds areas? I've got a few mates heading over this week to play some club cricket in England, who are playing for clubs in those cities.

Swervy

International Captain
vic_orthdox said:
Anyone live around Birmingham or Leeds areas? I've got a few mates heading over this week to play some club cricket in England, who are playing for clubs in those cities.
which clubs in Leeds?

Swervy

International Captain
vic_orthdox said:
Not really sure, haha. I'll try and find out.
hey, if you are willing, my club could do with an up and coming Aussie youngster, as long as you are willing to play for free, on crap pitches, make teas every once in a while, pay 20 quid yearly fee and a fiver a game (and a couple of quid for the bonus ball comp), find your own accomodation in the lovely city of Bradford, help replace locks on the changing room doors every week (thanks to the brilliant kids in the area for that) etc

you know you want to.....:laugh:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Swervy said:
hey, if you are willing, my club could do with an up and coming Aussie youngster, as long as you are willing to play for free, on crap pitches, make teas every once in a while, pay 20 quid yearly fee and a fiver a game (and a couple of quid for the bonus ball comp), find your own accomodation in the lovely city of Bradford, help replace locks on the changing room doors every week (thanks to the brilliant kids in the area for that) etc

you know you want to.....:laugh:
Oh, so you'll pay the airfare? :p

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
vic_orthdox said:
:lol: Inevitable jibe.You'd think that's the only job we have, reading the papers and looking at the share price. :no:

QUOTE]

Hate to tell you Vic, but I live in the UAE and the word on the street is that Multi's losses here make Wembley look like a raging success.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
chris.hinton said:
Vic

Why dont you come over and play in England?
Really looking forward to doing it in the next couple of years. Can't wait. But this year, was happy to have a winter without cricket. Just for once.
social said:
Hate to tell you Vic, but I live in the UAE and the word on the street is that Multi's losses here make Wembley look like a raging success.
Haha, fair enough. I haven't really heard much about the UAE operations, just mainly the domestic and NZ jobs. Old man works for them, set me up with this job, and says stuff like the above. Meh. As long as they can still pay me... :D

oz_fan

International Regular
If things keep going the way they are going in the current Australia test match most of them could find themselves playing Bangladesh next week.