• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where do they go from here?

brockley

International Captain
Young cricketers no longer have the national cricket academy to give them a boost,its now a national australian finishing academy like englands.
No talk of anyone being fast tracked apart from henriques,altho as i said i wouldn't be surprised if ritchard is wearing different colours next year,tasmania certainly see canberra as a source of recruiting players.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
brockley said:
Young cricketers no longer have the national cricket academy to give them a boost,its now a national australian finishing academy like englands.
No talk of anyone being fast tracked apart from henriques,altho as i said i wouldn't be surprised if ritchard is wearing different colours next year,tasmania certainly see canberra as a source of recruiting players.
Tasmainia see every state as a recruiting base, cus they can't produce their own players. Next they will recruit players from NZ and PNG.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
brockley said:
yeh what ive seen of ritchard he looks very impressive, a few of my mates that are still in canberra say he probably wont be in canberra next year but its not certain yet...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chaminda_00 said:
Tasmainia see every state as a recruiting base, cus they can't produce their own players. Next they will recruit players from NZ and PNG.
We've got a keeper they can have...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
broncoman said:
yeh what ive seen of ritchard he looks very impressive, a few of my mates that are still in canberra say he probably wont be in canberra next year but its not certain yet...
Interesting. From memory he is in a uni course in Canberra, and was keen on spending the next few years there, but was definently entertaining the idea of leaving eventually.

Has a pretty good CA Cup record. Honest bowler, continually bowling good areas, and with a bit of away swing.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Swervy said:
which clubs in Leeds?
I know two of my mates are playing in the Airedale & Wharfedale Senior Cricket League, one for Horsforth Hall Park CC. That's the club that recently got in the news because one of its bowlers was hit for 42 from an over.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Didn't know you could hitch lifts overseas...
yeah you can now..they leave every 2 weeks from phillipines... but you'll be cramped for room space and ur most likely gonna be sittin on someones lap or someone sittin on your lap.

brockley

International Captain
Apparently john holland has scored a rookie contract with victoria for next year and WA is chasing josh mangan(lost his rookie contract) to replace beau casson for next season.

brockley

International Captain
Peter darwen who toured india with the youth team before the world youth cup just scored 122 for middlesex 2nd xl and took a wicket.

Craig

World Traveller
vic_orthdox said:
I know two of my mates are playing in the Airedale & Wharfedale Senior Cricket League, one for Horsforth Hall Park CC. That's the club that recently got in the news because one of its bowlers was hit for 42 from an over.
Ladies and Gentlemen we now have a worse bowler then Neil :laugh: :ph34r: :-O :mellow: :p

42 runs from an over? Do they play 7-ball overs over there :blink:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I ran a b'day party for a boy I coach and he wanted a cricket game.

It was Under 12 year olds and a 20 over per side game.

I added a couple of rules to keep it interesting and encourage exciting big hitting and a fun party.

A 6 was worth 10, and if 10+ runs were scored off the over then a free hit was awarded to the batting team.

1 boy bowled an over 1,2,6,6,6,6 free hit also went for 6.

So figures of 1 over 0-53. :blink:

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
Does anyone know if we have any u 19 internations for our boys next season,i know we have the state under 19 in january.We don't seem to be playing as many under 19 internationals as we were 10 years ago.
See brian mcfayden is working at the acdemy with the present intake.
Who's available for any internationals season anyway,gather most the boys will be too old.
Good to see many of the boys get rookie contracts.
Cutting qld,cooper nsw,khawajah nsw,finch vics,holland vics,henriques nsw full contract,warner nsw,wade tassie, and ritchard and and everett are in canberra's pre season squad.