• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Prediction Thread

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
India to have the best pace bowling by next year.....it will be a deadly attack feared by all world class batsmen. All of the pacemen to bowl at 145-150 kph consistently with considerable amount of swing.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Turbinator said:
India to have the best pace bowling by next year.....it will be a deadly attack feared by all world class batsmen. All of the pacemen to bowl at 145-150 kph consistently with considerable amount of swing.
also sehwag will soon be known for his bowling, instead of batting abilities, and will become India's strike bowler even though he bowls spin. WHo will partner Tendulkar when opening the batting you ask? None other than Pathan.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Turbinator said:
Yes, and Guatamala's opening batsmen will be the best in the world.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Ashes: 2-2
South Africa to win the World Cup
India for the Champions Trophy
Michael Hussey and Brett Lee to be Australia's players of the upcoming summer.

Me to make a complete **** of myself with the above predictions. :D

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
haroon510 said:
west indies would win the world cup 97
Bold prediction, given that most of the players involved won't be born for another 70 years.

I'll make some...

Australia to win the Ashes 3-1
Ntini to take the most Test wickets this winter
Pakistan to win the Champions Trophy after a couple of Afridi tons

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Australia to win ashes 4-0

Australia will loose in world cup semi-finals, WI to lift the cup.

Australia for champions trophy.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Ill get my Ashes predictions in early

England to win if McGrath and Warne play less than 7 games combined
Plunkett and Saj to take less than 12 wickets combined at an average of over 40
Monty to take less than 18 wickets at over 30
No England keeper will score a ton
Strauss will top score for England in the series
Hayden (if selected) will be scary good
Lee to take 25+ at less than 25

England will have to rely heavily on Tresco, Strauss, KP, Hoggard, Flintoff and Harmison in order to win.

Not confident either way to predict an outright result

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
India to get completely destroyed by South Africa before the 2007 World Cup, and then India to go on to the finals IN the World Cup......the same way they got destroyed by NewZealand before the 2003 World Cup, however went on to face the Aussies in the WC final.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
BhupinderSingh said:
Pakistan winning the World Cup.No Indian pacer becoming as good as even Kapil/Srinath in the future.
I'll go out on a limb ad say agree with the first, yes - Pakistan will win the World Cup.

I'll disagree with the second, Munaf Patel will be a better test bowler than Srinath and Kapil Dev

Dravid

International Captain
Salamuddin said:
I'll go out on a limb ad say agree with the first, yes - Pakistan will win the World Cup.

I'll disagree with the second, Munaf Patel will be a better test bowler than Srinath and Kapil Dev
and KAPIL DEV? I think thats pushing it a little...Munaf is good no doubt, but I doubt he will be better than Kapil

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
India to get completely destroyed by South Africa before the 2007 World Cup, and then India to go on to the finals IN the World Cup......the same way they got destroyed by NewZealand before the 2003 World Cup, however went on to face the Aussies in the WC final.
So far so good for me too ... :p

howardj

International Coach
I predict Andrew Symonds if he gets dropped from the Test team (which is a possibility for most of our top six, given tough tours to India, SA and England in the immediate future) will quit international cricket for IPL in the next 12 months. The temptation of pulling $1.4 million per year will be too great.