• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 2 to 9 of April

archie mac

International Coach
Best of The Best

1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: luckyeddie for this click here Two in a row from Eddie well done.

2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is:Fusion for this click here Lots of good healthy debate.

3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is:Son Of Coco click here Well done SOC, Voltman was a close second this week, with 4 different posts, but we only award first place here, sorry to say.

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Richard, is there a thread he has missed this week? Lets just hope he has not gone on another one of his ‘holidays’

5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: Superkingdave click here We will not embarrass Dave by posting the final Indian score

6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he his talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is:nibbs for this click here Maybe he just sees and hears things differently? Or is he just different?

7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: Francis, upsets the Kiwi posters, but knows his cricket.

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: Honestbharani. Has been knocking on the door for a couple of weeks now, and is a great asset with his insider news re- India.

9. Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: chris hinton, not everyone’s cup of tea, but is always coming up with different ways to do things, and one day will hit the nail on the head.

Please remember these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

archie mac

International Coach
Voltman said:
May I ask which four posts got me close?
Well if I was to tell you, and people read them, they might think you deserved the award, and that would undermind the judges :p

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I am the Mcauley Culkin of CW.

2 awards in the 1st week I joined and nothing but tumbleweed since.

Too much success too early, thats what I say.

Congrats to those that won this week.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
This award isn't just for me - it's for people the world over who like to look on things in a manner in which possibly they ought not. It's like the kind old woman who wouldn't hurt a fly, going down to the canal every day to feed the ducks. The mallards seem to know her by sight, and within seconds of one seeing her, there are dozens of them competing for the breadcrumbs. I stop awhile and chat - she seems very nice. In my heart of hearts, something deep inside me knows that it is a Baldrick-like plan of such cunniling... I'm sorry, cunningness, that she is hatching, and that sooner or later, she will come one day armed not with a bag of breadcrumbs but a bottle of Hoi Sin sauce and a wok.

Eat your heart out, Pavlov. That would be true genius.

Such thoughts help to keep me insane.

Remember, I maintain this level of instability for your benefit (and Scott Styris), not my own.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
Well if I was to tell you, and people read them, they might think you deserved the award, and that would undermind the judges :p
You have my email.... :D

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, thank you kindly for this award...I'm not sure it's deserved seeing as though LE momentarily engaged in prose for a few hours - I thought his line about a hamster up the freckle was outstanding. He didn't actually have to add the bit about the hamster, if he'd have simply said 'freckle' and I thought it alluded to the posterior I would have collapsed with laughter (and yes I am 32...I said it out loud), however the lead up added something more and that's important. Voltman...I appreciate you asking for the 4 posts to be emailed to you, there's nothing more humiliating than an award winner scorned by the general public. I would have felt like I'd pushed you into my position in the KOK 4 x a pundred (boom tish) relay thus having you disqualified whilst you were way out in front, and the public would have no doubt acted accordingly. I'm happy to post you this award and assume the role of the Jana Pittman of this forum if you'll kindly accept?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
As long as I don't end up being the Jai Taurima of this forum, I don't mind.

I was actually enquiring as to the four posts, as I don't actually remember four funny ones I've made on Cricket Chat this week.

archie mac

International Coach
Voltman said:
As long as I don't end up being the Jai Taurima of this forum, I don't mind.

I was actually enquiring as to the four posts, as I don't actually remember four funny ones I've made on Cricket Chat this week.
Okay one of them was from the sledging thread, but I can't give you anymore, until you can tell me which one that is :ph34r:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Just a note guys - but if you see something on Cricket Chat (or the 2 sub forums) please let archie or I know - we occasionally miss things...

I think most people know my email address.