• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Favorite and Most Dreaded Cricketing Sights ...

Xuhaib

International Coach
Favorite
-Shoaib in full cry.
-Batsman getting bowled of Asif in-cutters.
-Yousuf and Akmal cover driving.
-Younis applauding his partner after stealing a quick single.

Worst
-A Pak batsman getting run out due to silly mix up ( can be funny aswell).
-Pakistan getting pummeled by AUS.
-Razzaq batting in defensive mode ( its so ugly to watch).

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Favourite
  • Dave Mohammed
  • Spinners, especially Keedy, Panesar, Warne, Harbhajan, Dave, Vettori and Murali, bowling
  • Lancashire kicking ****
  • Scotland going 20 minutes with ****ing up (same for other sports)
  • Australia losing (I have nothing against Australians, just Australian supporters who may or may not be British)

• Least Favourite
  • One Day Internationals
  • Shaun Udal
  • Shahid Afridi
  • Seamers bowling all day
  • Shaun Tait and Mick Lewis dragging down the standard of international cricket
  • Games staged on roads
  • Last Post
    Today 06:55 PM
    by aussie Go to last post
  • Last post
    Today 06:55 PM
    by Richard Go to last post
    (sorry, Rich. It's just most of your posts are too long to be interesting)

Last edited:

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
luckyeddie said:
Favourite - Inzamam getting dismissed a few minutes before lunch. The dilemma is palpable. Does he:

a) Stroll off slowly, looking disappointed, and head straight for the restaurant with his pads on, confident that he will be first in the queue for lunch (and with bat to hand just in case Woolmer's got there first and there's only one treacle pudding)

b) Race off, heading for the dressing-room to shed his pads and box BEFORE heading straight for the restaurant, doubtful as to whether he will be first for lunch but still prepared to do battle with Woolmer if there's only one treacle pudding.
:lol:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think I can honestly the thing I enjoy most about watching world cricket at the moment is Shoaib Akhtar storming in to bowl. Probably even more than watching Sachin and Lara bat when they are in the zone that only they can be in. Tough call though.

Seeing Warne and Murali is always a treat, but seeing them get smashed around is probably even better because firstly, its interesting to see how they counteract the onslaught they are facing, and additionally their reactions are hilarious when they're being belted around. Its as if they can't believe it.

McGrath too I like seeing hit around, but more because he'll often react in a series of curse words, which is always entertaining. In a few years time I'm 100% positive I'll miss the sight of him bowling line and length and making batsman look like they have no clue and the wicket look like a green top despite it being flat, but for the time being, in particular against India, its not exactly my favourite sight. :p

Last edited:

savill

School Boy/Girl Captain
Originally Posted by aussie
for the 1st couple weeks it was for me, but i got used to it.
Is that because you then remembered you were actually English and decided to jump on that bandwagon as well? :dry:

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Pedro Delgado said:
Favourite:

1. Warne. I hope he goes on until his arm drops off. We're watching history here, appreciate it{.QUOTE]
Don't worry, even if it does, he can be the first to wear the "cannon-type brace" ...:ph34r:

cpr

International Coach
My favourite sight used to be Ian Austin bowling in one dayers for Lancashire. His rhythm was mesmerising, the batsman had no chance of focusing on the shot when faced with the sight of our Ian bouncing in. In that red top it resembled the credits to Baywatch

Neil Fairbrother batting in one dayers was a joy to behold. Sometimes it was like the off side doesnt exist. You could put 9 fielders on leg side and he'd still nip a single on that side.

Chris Schofield bowling. A great sight at first, then as OD cricket became more viewer friendly (day/night matches etc) he added his own entertainment with his predictions game. Nearest person to predict where the hell he'd pitch the ball this time won a meat pie. Curtesy of Ian Austin. Ian managed to eat many an unclaimed pie as time went by and Schofield became rubbish.