• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Anwar Curse

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Honestly I think Gibbs has gone as close as he ever will. I don't think he stands a chance to be honest.
It does seem a bit like you get your one chance to do it, and if you don't get it then, you've got to be pretty fortunate to get the stars to align to get another crack.

oz_fan

International Regular
nightprowler10 said:
Pardon my ignorance, but has anybody ever gone past 150 in ODIs more than once?
Gibbs
Jayasuriya
Lara
Viv Richards
Tendulkar - 4 times
Gayle

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Tendulkar's smashed large tons in ODIs an extraordinary amount of times.

His 186* (150) against NZ was the perfect opportunity, as he batted out the full 50 overs. Unfortunately Dravid's 153 (153) stole a few too many runs off him.

oz_fan

International Regular
Dasa said:
Tendulkar has only gone past 150 in ODIs twice. He's gone past 140 numerous times though. From memory Gayle and Lara have done it three times, Ganguly, Jayasuriya, Gibbs twice.

edit: Records here - http://aus.cricinfo.com/db/STATS/ODIS/BATTING/ODI_BAT_HIGH_INNS_SCORES.html
Yep I misread. He has came close a couple of times though. A couple of 146's.
Like some others have said Gayle is a real chance against Zimbabwe if he gets set.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
I can see Gayle getting it against Zimbabwe. But more then likely it'll be someone like Lou Vincent, someone not known as a top class batsman, against weak opposition. Shoib Malik for example.....