• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Anwar Curse

pskov

International 12th Man
I have a feeling that someone will do it in the World Cup against one of the minnow sides in the group stages. Minnow wins toss, puts test side into bat so they have some resemblance of a chance and their bowling gets blasted away by either an opener or no. 3 who just gets it right on the day. Therefore I reckon the best bet is Ponting against the Netherlands or Scotland.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
Two words, ladies and gentlemen - Kevin Pietersen.
You're right - he'll be a crucial factor in a record chase. If his mammary glands for hands give an opposing opener a chance, that batsman could easily go on to 195 or more. :p

jack_sparrow

U19 Debutant
Trescothic? No freaking way! In my opinion he is just too weak for that type of a feat. Its gota be Afridi or Sehwag on their best days(which is a shame because they do not deserve it). Gilchrist and ponting from aussie, vincent certainly from nz, sangakarra from sri, gayle (only if its a flat track), and definately petierson from england. ashraful maybe from bangla...?

Xuhaib

International Coach
Yes Ponting for me, and it could well be against a top ranked side in an important game.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
tbh i think it'll happen on a very small ground. i'd probably tip chris gayle as a dark horse

Barney Rubble

International Coach
jack_sparrow said:
Trescothic? No freaking way! In my opinion he is just too weak for that type of a feat. Its gota be Afridi or Sehwag on their best days(which is a shame because they do not deserve it). Gilchrist and ponting from aussie, vincent certainly from nz, sangakarra from sri, gayle (only if its a flat track), and definately petierson from england. ashraful maybe from bangla...?
Sorry? The man is 6ft 3in, he's built like a house. He's definitely capable.

PY

International Coach
Anyone who was about to watch this would agree with you mate.

Those sixes were still going up when they crossed the boundary at The Oval. :wacko:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I honestly don't want anybody to break Anwar's record, not even a Pakistani.

Forget who will break the record. Who do you think deserves it?

open365

International Vice-Captain
nightprowler10 said:
I honestly don't want anybody to break Anwar's record, not even a Pakistani.

Forget who will break the record. Who do you think deserves it?
2 Words.

Rikki Clarke

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
open365 said:
2 Words.

Rikki Clarke
What’s the fetish with Rikki Clarke round here? (Other than being horrifically unattractive). Seen a lot of him over the past couple of years and the guy is not anything other than a decent county cricketer.

Is his notoriety parallel to that of Ian Blackwell and Ajit Agarkar?

Autobahn

State 12th Man
TT Boy said:
What’s the fetish with Rikki Clarke round here? (Other than being horrifically unattractive). Seen a lot of him over the past couple of years and the guy is not anything other than a decent county cricketer.

Yup i think it is, although you might get hanged for comparing them with AA :laugh:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Autobahn said:
Yup i think it is, although you might get hanged for comparing them with AA :laugh:
No difference really, I mean Ajit Agarkar at least takes wickets in one day cricket (240 of them) and has done something Clarke and Blackwell could only dream about, hitting a test match century at Lords.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
TT Boy said:

Some of us have a thing for big teeth and spots.

It's a 'Luke Chadwick' thing.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dhoni is far more likely to do it than Sehwag from the Indian team, that's if he's sent up the order again like he was against SL when he hit 183*.

I think Ponting, Gibbs, KP or Dhoni are the most likely.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
I think Sehwag can do it against Pakistan.

Anwar did it against India, would be nice to see Sehwag breaking the record and scoring a double ton against none other than Pakistan:)