• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in England

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Sanz said:
Jason - To be very frank, I agree with JBH001 on what he said about your views on Lankan performance and this is something we have argued during this series, needless to say that I have been here longer than you have. ;);)

Although I must say am not as optimistic as JBH001 on SriLanka's chances of winning the world cup neither do I want them to win it. This time World Cup is ours baby, This is our time, Stay away from it. :cool: :cool:
The Next World Cup could be won by any one of New Zealand, Australia, India, Pakistan, South Africa or Sri Lanka. To say some one is a strong candidate after beating oppositions which definitely does not rank among those 6 in strength is absurd , IMO.

Also its extremely premature, since form as we all know is a fickle thing, here one minute and gone the next month. You cannot judge a Team's strength by its performance against weakling bowling attacks !!

As a Sri Lankan I would be madly cheering and hoping really hard that we do well, but that does not mean I am so one eyed enough to think knocking off weak ODI oppositions makes us strong favourites.:)

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Jason i definitely won't rule out Sri Lanka as World Cup contenders, but for this to happen they would want their top players in Jayasuriya, Sangakarra and Jayawardene to be in form and hopefully Atapattu can make a comback to strengthen the batting and Captaincy issues..

On the bowling side of things, they still need someone to stand up with Vaas to give that additional opening support, as Murali alone can't be very harmful..

chekmeout

U19 Debutant
Jason, I definitely wouldn't rule out the West Indies - they just beat India 4-1 and are a really talented side capable of great ODI cricket, especially at home..