• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What's Bracken done wrong

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BoyBrumby said:
Quite right. Look at this dish:

Form an orderly queue, ladies... :laugh:
I'd call those curly blond locks, myself.
In any case - was ITB seriously ever not a pretty-boy?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Richard said:
I'd hardly say the guy in the picture left has long blond locks exactly.
Just a blond mop. ;)
Yeah, but I hear that guy now has it way past his eyes. True story.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
Where did I say "he doesn't possess movement"?
I just asked if he did.
How good were his figures before that final (when Vics were clearly somewhat demoralised by facing the small matter of 900)?
He had 18 @ 30, before the final. Nothing special, but it's not as though he was getting belted everywhere. I think the response to Johnson's early selection has led people to overreact a bit and write him off. He's got a fair bit of talent, he's just not refined yet. His performances since the Australia A tour of Pakistan had been generally pretty encouraging, obviously the Pura Cup final most of all.

He gave an interview recently saying that he learnt a lot from touring with the Australian team and playing a couple of ODIs, and he used what he learnt in the last Pura Cup game. It will be interesting to see how much better he bowls in Bangladesh.

tooextracool

International Coach
Nnanden said:
What else do you want the bloke to do? How else do you make the Test-side, apart from bowling excellently in One-Dayers and having the leading average in Domestic cricket this season, and being up there with the best the season before?
it might help if he actually bowled well in tests, and also showed people in domestic cricket that he was more than a one trick pony.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
In the end, I guess I understand if he`s not chosen on unresponsive pitches. But there aren`t many better on helpful pitches than Bracken, he needs to be picked, at least to prove his worth.

tooextracool

International Coach
Nnanden said:
Wow. So you have no arguement then? Good.
im sorry what? i think its fairly obvious that Bracken has never ever deserved to come close to the test side. and the fact that it took them how long now to kick him out emphasises how poor the Australian selectors really are.

tooextracool

International Coach
Nnanden said:
Yeah, my bad. I guess I can`t imagine that`d I`d ever be wrong.
or perhaps you simply cant handle the fact that im right far far more often than ive ever been wrong. and this despite the fact that i've gone on to call players like Bracken rubbish even after they've only played a couple of games.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
or perhaps you simply cant handle the fact that im right far far more often than ive ever been wrong. and this despite the fact that i've gone on to call players like Bracken rubbish even after they've only played a couple of games.
Rubbish. You call many players rubbish.

It's bin a trademark of yours. Talking trash about the likes of Bracken, and how they should be given the sack. Here's a tip - I think Nnanden should refuse to talk to you.

You're just recycling old arguments.

Yes, I'm ready now - is my taxi here?

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Voltman said:
Rubbish. You call many players rubbish.

It's bin a trademark of yours. Talking trash about the likes of Bracken, and how they should be given the sack. Here's a tip - I think Nnanden should refuse to talk to you.

You're just recycling old arguments.

Yes, I'm ready now - is my taxi here?
Voltman, stop talking rubbish. :laugh: :laugh: