• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where are they now Thread!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Im sure we have all seen the various shows on TV and for Australian they have that weekly show on Channel 7 on Sundays. From that idea i thought i would make a similar thread based on cricket. The basics are you name a player who may have come into international cricket (they have to be an international) as a possible big star, but fell away dramatically. They don't necessarly have to be a big star, they could be a one match wonder. Who ever answers the question gets to ask their own 'where are they now.'

I'll start, where is Brad Young, former South Australia and Australian spinner. Had a massive knee injury that halted his career for about two year. Came back a couple seasons ago for South Australia, but that was the time that Jon Davison would his feet as an all rounder and ended up getting dropped, then he retired from FC cricket. So what is he doing now?

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He is indeed, and on the "England batting line-up" thread some have advocated a return to the England side for him

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Not that I want him in the Indian team in any format of the game, but was Ashish Nehra ever found again after he apparently went missing and no one knew where he was?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Jungle Jumbo said:
Where are Vinayak Mane and Deepak Chougule?
Mane is still a regular for Mumbai and still averages under 50 with the bat in List A.

Deepak Chougule is currently struggling to make the Karnataka side, hasn't reached his potential, but his just 22, so still a long time to go.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
chaminda_00 said:
Mane is still a regular for Mumbai and still averages under 50 with the bat in List A.

Deepak Chougule is currently struggling to make the Karnataka side, hasn't reached his potential, but his just 22, so still a long time to go.
Just a note - it's "he's", not "his". :)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
David MUTENDERA

so good, I put his surname in Capitals
Interesting guy, was one of those black cricketers that got a game due to his colour, but struggled to get a game for his FC side Mashonaland. Majority of his FC games were played for Zimbabwe A. But in his last FC game in April 2004 against Midlands, he got 5 for 62. It seems that he wasn't good enough to play FC cricket, but got a game due to him meeting off field criteria. Don't know what he is doing right now and if he is playing cricket. Anyone got more info?

BTW his last game was the one that Taibu showed his bowling abilty. Match.

Last edited: