• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where are they now Thread!

Blaze

Banned
tooextracool said:
retired from international cricket about 5 years ago, from what i remember he lost interest in the game and decide to focus on something else.
golf.

Blaze

Banned
chaminda_00 said:
Left Pakistan in 2002 and went to NZ to play domestic cricket for Otago, where he played till 2004/05 season. He came back to Pakistan last season to see if he could kick start his career over there again.

IIRC Otago didn't want him anymore. He really did crash and burn.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
Marlon Black
Unofficially retired from regional cricket in 2004. He just seemed to not want to play anymore. There were certainly far worse bowlers than Marlon Black around the Caribbean. Regarding his international career, he was dropped after playing against India in 2002. He never genuinely came close to being selected again.

Mr Mxyzptlk

tooextracool said:
retired from international cricket about 5 years ago, from what i remember he lost interest in the game and decide to focus on something else.
It's a shame really. He has a great name.

...and an even greater mullet.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Paul Strang

In late 2001 he got an injury to his bowling hand, which ended up cutting his international career short. He tired to make a comeback to the national team for the 2003 World Cup, but by that time Ray Price and Bryan Murphy were the spinners for the national team. Many felt he was a better option then one of those two, but the selectors didn't and he wasn't selected. By that time the political unrest happened in Zimbabwe and he was banned from playing domestic cricket in March 2004, after having an attack at the ZCU. This was after he got dropped from his provincial side. Last i heard he played for the Red Loins tour (for the Rebal Zimbabwe Cricketers). Not sure if he is still playing cricket or if he has offical retired.

Mr Mxyzptlk

chaminda_00 said:
Paul Strang

In late 2001 he got an injury to his bowling hand, which ended up cutting his international career short. He tired to make a comeback to the national team for the 2003 World Cup, but by that time Ray Price and Bryan Murphy were the spinners for the national team. Many felt he was a better option then one of those two, but the selectors didn't and he wasn't selected. By that time the political unrest happened in Zimbabwe and he was banned from playing domestic cricket in March 2004, after having an attack at the ZCU. This was after he got dropped from his provincial side. Last i heard he played for the Red Loins tour (for the Rebal Zimbabwe Cricketers). Not sure if he is still playing cricket or if he has offical retired.
I think James mentioned earlier that he's playing cricket in New Zealand. He's just a batsman though. He can't bowl anymore.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
oh yea John Kent, remember him playing againts Australia in 2002. Does he still play domestic cricket or whatever since he seemed to have some potential in 2002.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
oh yea John Kent, remember him playing againts Australia in 2002. Does he still play domestic cricket or whatever since he seemed to have some potential in 2002.
Yeah he still plays domestic cricket for the Dolphins and has played for South Africa A recently. But i can't see him playing for South Africa again anytime soon as he isn't goof enough to make the side as a batsmen and his bowling isn't good enough to make the side again as an all rounder.