• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where are they now Thread!

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
Probably nobody cares about Zimbabwe but from recent scorecards, i don't see the name of a guy called Rainsford. He seemed their best player in the Chamion's Trophy in 2004.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
age_master said:
what ever happened to Scott Muller
Last i heard he was struggling to make the Gold Coast Grade side and then retired cus of business activies. Not sure if he has made his forth comeback to cricket yet.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
SpeedKing said:
Probably nobody cares about Zimbabwe but from recent scorecards, i don't see the name of a guy called Rainsford. He seemed their best player in the Chamion's Trophy in 2004.
Edward Rainsford (he played in that game Chaminda just posted). FC average of 24.55 after 21 games. Just recently he took 3/16 off 9 against Kenya in March, so I guess he's still in Zimbabwe and playing there.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
What about these blokes?

G Robertson, played test in the sub-continent in the 98 season.
Gavin Hamilton
Debashish Mohanty
M Ngam
P Nissanka
Adrian Griffith

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Well if the FBI or Tax collectors are ever after an ex-cricketer this is the place to come.

A quick post and someone will locate them around the globe.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
What about these blokes?

G Robertson, played test in the sub-continent in the 98 season.
Gavin Hamilton
Debashish Mohanty
M Ngam
P Nissanka
Adrian Griffith
Gavin Robertson: retired from grade cricket last season
Gavin Hamilton: Dropped from Durham, but will play for the Scots in C&G and in the World Cup
M Ngam: Still plays in domestic cricket in SA, when he isn't injured
P Nissanka: made a comeback last season, but got injuired again. Probably will never play FC cricket again. Very disappointing as he looked like he could have been Test class.
Adrian Griffth: Still plays for Tasmania and probably is their best bowler outside Wrigth, i think he may have topped the wicket tally for them this season.
Mohanty: No idea

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
What about these blokes?

M Ngam
Still playing for the Warriors in SA. Recovering from his long list of injuries and coping with his brittle bones.

Averaged 60 a wicket in this years Supersport Series (FC) and has lost a lot of pace from his early days.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Goughy said:
Still playing for the Warriors in SA. Recovering from his long list of injuries and coping with his brittle bones.

Averaged 60 a wicket in this years Supersport Series (FC) and has lost a lot of pace from his early days.
Ngam is still part of the South African High Performance Programme program but I believe that was more of a token gesture.

Cynics would suggest that Cricket South Africa could not find 22 non test playing individuals with any talent in South Africa, so they just gave Ngam another go.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Son Of Coco said:
What about Alan Mullaly? (sp?)
Think he's on the Hampshire coaching staff, as well as the playing staff in case of emergencies. Injuries have cut his career a bit short I think.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Where are the bits-and-pieces ODI players from the Adam Hollioake era? One of them, Matthew Fleming, was actually not too bad, but the others, well...

And what about the Sajeewa De Silvas? Both played for Sri Lanka, and both were left-arm seamers. Another missing name is Hashantha Fernando, also Suresh Perera and now Dilhara Lokuhettige.

Ian Harvey......long time no action....

steds

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
Gavin Hamilton: Dropped from Durham, but will play for the Scots in C&G and in the World Cup
Retired from county cricket, rather than Durham chucking him, actually.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Barney Rubble said:
Think he's on the Hampshire coaching staff, as well as the playing staff in case of emergencies. Injuries have cut his career a bit short I think.
He's in his mid 30s though isn't he?

Autobahn

State 12th Man
Alan Mullally: Retired from FC Cricket after only playing 3 one day games in 2005

Ian Harvey: Played for the Cape Cobras in SA during the winter, and will join Gloucestershire on a short-term contract til Bond and Marshall arrive

Dilhara Lokuhettige: Still playing for Moors Sports Club and last played for sri lanka against India in the ODIs.

Suresh Perera: Got invovled in a drunken brawl in february and played only one FC match for Colombo Cricket Club last season (2005/6), was reported for a suspect action back in 2001 which has sent his career into a tailspin.

Sajeewa De Silva: Not sure really seems to have dropped off the map after playing some 20/20 games for Burgher Recreation Club back in 2004/05, my guess is that he's either retired or playing Club cricket.

There isn't two Sajeewa De Silvas you must have mixed him up with Sujeewa de Silva who is still playing for Moors Sports Club in this season gone by, however confusingly there are two Sujeewa De Silvas with the other one having stopped playing in 1996.

Matthew Fleming: retired from cricket in 2002 and is now part of the new MCC committee that took charge last october along with Nick Pocock an old Hampshire captain, David Faber, the former Conservative MP and with John Major the former British PM

Last edited: