Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official** Zimbabwe in the West Indies

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by chekmeout
    Hey Chubb, could I please have your e-mail address ... Since this forum doesn't have the ability to send PM's.... I need to ask you something...
    I can tell you the answers now.

a) Yes
    b) No
    c) Frequently
    d) Halitosis
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    All that I remember of Carlton's batting is a very tailendery dismissal against a Harmison short ball at the Oval in 2004, the sort of thing that makes you go "ugh", the sort of thing that ended McGrath and Smith's Test careers.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Joseph was man of the match in the World Cup final I played on International Cricket Captain scoring an unbeaten century, despite the West Indies losing to me.

Surely that means something.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Another 400 run total possible?

Let's face it New Zealand nearly did it last year to Zimbabwe, and Australia did it to South Africa who in reply did it to Australia (poor Mick Lewis).
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    I don't think the West Indies will thrash Zimbabwe. Hopefully they will win 7-0 though.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    What's that then?
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Well if the WI win every match by 1 run or 1 wicket, is it still a thrashing?

I guess it depends on one's definition of a thrashing, whether it be amount of wins or how easy the wins came.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    I don't mean the series result. As Jono said, I mean the individual results. All this talk of huge scores and 400 and whatnot is just setting the West Indies up for disappointment IMO.

Pinball Champion!
    hahah Zimbabwe they are so e
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    I don't mean the series result. As Jono said, I mean the individual results. All this talk of huge scores and 400 and whatnot is just setting the West Indies up for disappointment IMO.
    Ok. I agree about that. Although if Gayle, Sarwan and Lara are all in a good mood in one of the matches who knows?

Happy to see Sky are showing this series which I am looking forward too. Nicetimes today with mid-afternoon starts.

Just a warning though and that is the second match on Sunday 30th will start on interactive at 2.30pm before going to Sky Sports 2 at 6.30pm. Ill be missing the start it clashes with the Warwickshire v Scotland game on Sky Sports
    Durham CCC Membership Holder
    Hartlepool CC Regular
    Peterlee CC Regular

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    I'm predicting a 7-0 win for the West Indies but Zimbabwe to play quite well in two of those games.

Top Run Scorer: Ramnaresh Sarwan
    Top Wicket Taker: Fidel Edwards
    Man of Series: Fidel Edwards

I am going to say 6-1. Maybe Zimb. will have a good day in one of the matches

Andy Pycroft, Zimbabwe's team manager, wants to put in the background the politics and the economics that have afflicted Zimbabwe's cricket in recent times. Instead he wants to concentrate on developing their reconstructed, inexperienced side for their forthcoming trip to the Caribbean.

"We're looking at cricket not politics and trying to prepare this new side as quickly as we can."

As they prepare to head for the West Indies for a series of seven one-day internationals, starting on April 29, Pycroft is optimistic they will make the type of progress to ensure they return to Test cricket early next year.

"We wouldn't be doing what we're doing unless we believe it was possible," Pycroft said. "The time frame set to try and get back into Test cricket is February next year.

"We've very much been focused on one-day cricket because we believe that's the way to bring the side through and then get back into longer cricket once we've got the experience that we need."

Pycroft, who played three Tests and 20 one-day internationals for Zimbabwe between 1983 and 1992, was speaking from Harare during an interview with CMC CricketPlus during the third day of the Carib Beer Challenge final between Trinidad and Tobago and Barbados at Guracara Park on Monday.

A series victory, he admitted, would certainly raise a lot of eyebrows. "A lot of people have written Zimbabwe cricket off with the problems they've had, but there is still a lot of potential there."

Their 16-man squad, led by Terrance Duffin, includes several players with very little international experience, but the manager is upbeat about the preparations.

"The mood's been very good. It's a very young side. The average age is only something just over 20 years old, forced on us because a lot of players have given up in the recent past," Pycroft said. "The side we've got together has been practising hard over the last five or six weeks. They are learning quickly and playing quite well. The strength of the side is more in the bowling department. The batting is quite inexperienced."

Prior to coming to the Caribbean, Zimbabwe played against Kenya and after the ODIs against the West Indies, they will remain for a triangular limited-overs series in Trinidad that also involves Bermuda and Canada.

"We want these lads to get as much experience as possible. A lot of these guys haven't played at international level," Pycroft said. "They are getting better and better. The aim of this tour is to give them experience as quickly as possible and to be as competitive as possible. There is no doubt we can do it."
    That from CricInfo.

I think this will be a very interesting series actually. To be fair I hope they return to Test Cricket asap. He mentions the lack of experince and that is what could really hurt them. I just hope we don't see uncontested whitewashes and it would be nice to see a few Zimb. talents emerge.

Just looking at the squad and its pretty much the same as the series against Kenya. Piet Rinke and Keegan Meth were supposedly two real positives from that series so lets see how they can do when they step up against a better class of opposition. Other than that it’s a pretty uninspiring squad but as I said above it will be an intriguing series and thanks to Sky will give us a good look at the Zimb team in the run up to the World Cup.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information