• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India & Pakistan in the United Arab Emirates***

James

Cricket Web Owner
Two One Day Internationals

18 April India v Pakistan Abu Dhabi
19 April India v Pakistan Abu Dhabi

adharcric

International Coach
Just when Sehwag desperately needs to get some runs under his belt, he gets his favorite Pakistani bowlers ... how convenient.

adharcric

International Coach
India Squad for Abu Dhabi ODIs

Rahul Dravid*, Virender Sehwag, Robin Uthappa, Yuvraj Singh, Mohammad Kaif, Suresh Raina, Venugopal Rao, Mahendra Singh Dhoni+,
Irfan Pathan, S Sreesanth, Munaf Patel, RP Singh, Ajit Agarkar, Harbhajan Singh, Ramesh Powar

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
I'm dissapointed, a 2 match is hardly a series.Indian team has touced a purple patch and thay should have played a 5 match series.I don't think India has ever made a clean sweep of OD games, and had it been a 5 match series or even a 4 match one, the chances of clean sweep would have been very bright.

Hope to see a good contest.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Why the hell should we play a 5 match ODI series with Pakistan when only a few months ago we played them in the exact same thing you are requesting? It'd be more pointless matches, 2 is fine. It pleases the people that want to see the matches up in Abu Dhabi whilst hopefully not overkilling the players.

The problem is 7 ODIs with England, that's way too many. Should have been a 4 test series with 5 ODIs.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
RolledOver said:
I'm dissapointed, a 2 match is hardly a series.Indian team has touced a purple patch and thay should have played a 5 match series..
Yes i'm dissapointed too, i think it should have been a ten match series, afterall they haven't play each other in ages isn't it?8-)

Looks to me that Int teams are playing too much Onedayers these days, just recently ICC pres was talking about players burnout .

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
hmmm i don't see much point of this series at all.. when we played them just couple of months ago.. IMO its just a waste..

I wouldn't mind if they have such series with South Africa or Australia..

adharcric

International Coach
Same thoughts here, it's rather pointless, especially since India named their regular side. Had they named young prospects like Dhiman, Pujara, VRV, Nabi and Chawla in the side, it might have been more exciting to see how they do. Unnecessary load on the players here.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Jono said:
The problem is 7 ODIs with England, that's way too many.
It would've been 5 but the ECB asked for the extra 2 to make their chances of winning even one game more than 10%.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Guys, one of the matches is for earthquake relief. It is a commendable gesture. And the players wanted to play in this series, so it seems. And there is still the provision that if a couple of the seniors think it is too much, they can opt out.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
But why Abudhabi ? If the boards were serious about earthquake, why didn't they declare last ODIs that were played in Pak as the earthquake matches ? This has 'masala cricket' written all over it with boards needing excuse to host matches in UAE.

I hope we dont see much of this in future.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sanz said:
But why Abudhabi ? If the boards were serious about earthquake, why didn't they declare last ODIs that were played in Pak as the earthquake matches ? This has 'masala cricket' written all over it with boards needing excuse to host matches in UAE.

I hope we dont see much of this in future.
Because there is a very large expatriate population there. Part of my best friend's family (and he has a HUGE family) lives there and almost all of them are going to turn up for those matches. And I understand that the taxes there are slightly lower compared to in INdia or Pak. And doesn't the UAE currency convert to a LOT of rupees?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
They are both for Earthquake relief. The Indian board said that the total money raised for the Earthquake relief fund will be around $10,000,000 USD.

I like this gesture. I would have preferred that India-England series would be 5 tests and no ODI. There wouldn't be much more days of cricket (7 ODI, wtf, thats a lot).

5 match test series would have been too awesome, therefore the BCCI didn't want to do it. What's the point of playing England in ODI's anyway? England could have had a chance to win a series in India in a LONG time, and India would have had a chance to come back.

Three test series suck major ***. Four should be the minimum between major test nations, especially since there is a good chance that at least one would be affected by rain.

Oh, and what happened to the six test series?

Last edited: