• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India & Pakistan in the United Arab Emirates***

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
Because there is a very large expatriate population there. Part of my best friend's family (and he has a HUGE family) lives there and almost all of them are going to turn up for those matches. And I understand that the taxes there are slightly lower compared to in INdia or Pak. And doesn't the UAE currency convert to a LOT of rupees?
1. You can always get Tax Exemptions from Indian/Pakistani Govts for such events and I can bet that all these matches are going to be fullhouse.

2. Capacity of Indian Grounds (e.g. Eden Gardens) is much higher than Abudhabi stadium

3. Yes Currency is converts to lot of rupees but it's not like ticket prices are going to be 500-5000 Dirhams. In India we do pay 500-5000 Rs.for tickets. So I dont really see how currency conversion is going to benefit here.

chekmeout

U19 Debutant
I am reposting this message that I posted a while ago when I created a thread on the same topic at:-
http://forum.cricketweb.net/showthread.php?t=17101

OK listen guys, to you people it might be another ******** series, more India-Pakistan, last thing we need etc. etc.... But to me living in Oman for the last 17 years, stuff like this is great news... I mean since I'm off to college in the States this year, this might be my last chance to watch some cricket live...Plus it's an excuse to get out of town for a week or so, with friends, party a bit, watch India vs. Pakistan live...

I mean it is a BIG DEAL in this part of the world with a sizeable Indo-Pak population.. Especially after 8 years....

adharcric

International Coach
Oh please, why do you deserve "pity cricket" when the sizeable Indo-Pak populations here in the US don't get anything? :dry: Anyways, enjoy it now that you have the chance.
Really, our only opportunity is to fly to the West Indies next year. I'll be fine with this series as long as India use it to experiment somehow, otherwise it's kind of random.
Also, India must beat the pulp out of Pakistan for this series to be acceptable. :)

Last edited:

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
IndianByHeart said:
Yes i'm dissapointed too, i think it should have been a ten match series, afterall they haven't play each other in ages isn't it?8-)

Looks to me that Int teams are playing too much Onedayers these days, just recently ICC pres was talking about players burnout .
Thanks for your stupid comments.

If there is concern about players burnout then there shouldn't be ANY matches at Abudhabi ATALL. The reson i said that it should be a 3 or 5 match series is coz in a 2 match series there is a danger of a 1-1 drawn result.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan squad for the two games.

Inzamam-ul-Haq (captain), Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Imran Farhat, Faisal Iqbal, Shoaib Malik, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq, Mohammad Asif, Kamran Akmal, Rao Iftikhar, Rana Naved, Danish Kaneria, Abdul Rahman.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
TT Boy said:
Pakistan squad for the two games.

Inzamam-ul-Haq (captain), Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Imran Farhat, Faisal Iqbal, Shoaib Malik, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq, Mohammad Asif, Kamran Akmal, Rao Iftikhar, Rana Naved, Danish Kaneria, Abdul Rahman.
Salman Butt should have been retained, though he's out of sorts currently but i prefer him over Farhat, in the long run i think Butt will be more successful.

Danish is unlikly to get a game, don't see what he's doing in squad?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
IndianByHeart said:
Salman Butt should have been retained, though he's out of sorts currently but i prefer him over Farhat, in the long run i think Butt will be more successful.

Danish is unlikly to get a game, don't see what he's doing in squad?
Farhat has impressed of late, so he should retain his place though I do agree with your point regarding Kaneria. He has been given enough opportunities in one day cricket and failed to make any sort of impression, so he should not be in the squad.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
no1_gangsta_786 said:
These two games will be shown on one of the ZEE channels if i remember correctly.
Is ZEE free or do you have to pay for it like ARY Digital?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Tours like this make me wonder if the ICC is going to pick this idea up and run with it sometime in order to increase the game's profile and make some cash - knowing them, they'll probably introduce a requirement of one ODI series at a neutral venue per year for each country. Hope this doesn't happen - it's not like we don't have enough ODI cricket already.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Armadillo said:
I'm actually in the US ATM, I'm pretty sure its dish network.
So pay-per-view then? I just thought that if Zee TV is broadcasting this in UK, then perhaps the same will hold true for U.S. Wishful thinking I suppose.

chris.hinton

International Captain
India and Pakistan play another one day cup.... oh that has never happened before

how much one day cricket does these teams want to play?

adharcric

International Coach
chris.hinton said:
India and Pakistan play another one day cup.... oh that has never happened before

how much one day cricket does these teams want to play?
One of them is for earthquake relief. Still, it's too much cricket.