• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trevor Hohns resigns as chairman of selectors

howardj

International Coach
broncoman said:
about time, be interesting to see who gets his position...
Probably Thommo.

He can join Boony and Merv.

Doug Walters can be the consultant.

Just joking.

Anyway, the first Queenslander-less panel for quite some time.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Am undecided on this, really. I had a gasp to myself when I saw it on smh about ten minutes ago when I got back from school. Say what you will, his record of 35 wins, 6 losses and 5 draws is hardly shabby.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
will certainly be interesting to see who replaces him. i wouldn't mind having Lehmann but they wont pick him while he is still playing still :(

Complicated

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Theres an arguement thought that hes going out on a high, Clark has been the best bowler for Australia this series, and it seems Martyn has repaid the faith in his recent innings. His track record was good, its unlikely his successor will live up to it. Could end up being a loss for Australia.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hilditch would have to be the new chairman wouldn't he? Who will be Hohns' replacement? Do we really need a replacement. Surely 3 selectors is enough.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
Hilditch would have to be the new chairman wouldn't he? Who will be Hohns' replacement? Do we really need a replacement. Surely 3 selectors is enough.

i think they have 4 to make sure that they can have 1 at each domestic game and 1 at each international game more often then not.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think he has done more good moves than bad. But he hasn't been all that good lately. I still can't get over how he dropped Martyn at the end of the Ashes.