• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Variations on Backyard...

Hoggy31

International Captain
Does anyone have any special formats they play backyard with?
At my mates house we play 3 over games where:
You have to pick a famous batsman, all-rounder and bowler and play to their styles.
So say if i pick Graeme Smith, Shane Watson and Murali, you have 1 over per batsman and bowler. So I would have to bat left for the first, right for the second and third. And when bowling, I'd have to bowl off spin first, medium second and off spin third. It's a pretty entertaining concept i feel.

Discuss...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
We do the same thing Nicko. :)

I booked indoor tomorrow arvo after exmas finish, two hours. Should go off. :thumbsup:

The Foxtrot

U19 12th Man
James 90 and I play:
5 overs (2 pace, 2 spin, one of our own chocie)
3 wickets....
electric wickie with our trampoline
best of three usually.....
we have tried adding famous cricketers in but it got a little too complicated and too much of a hassle

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Indoor was bloody awesome, best time I`ve had for ages.

Scorecard:

OVER ONE: Nidhi - 8
OVER TWO: Abs - 15

PAIR ONE: Mahaffey/Dave - 23

OVER THREE: Ganesh - 13
OVER FOUR: Nav - -13

PAIR TWO: Nath/Runge - 0

AUSTRALIA AFTER FOUR OVERS - 23

OVER ONE: Nath - 6
OVER TWO: Runge - 22

PAIR ONE: Nidhi/Ganesh - 28

OVER THREE: Dave - -19
OVER FOUR: Mahaffey 4

PAIR TWO: Nav/Abs - -15

INDIA AFTER FOUR OVERS - 13

Our first pair batted really well, against average bowlers. But Nav is awesome, his over of -13 was huge. He clean bowled Runge, then I edged to the `keeper, and I got bowled off my leg last ball, un-doing all our work. Still, 23 was alright.

We started off well. Nidhi always looks to hit boundaries, and got none off my over. Runge was always going to get tonked, but 22 was pretty severe. 28 after the first two overs has us worried. But Dave was amazing. One run, a dot, a bowled, a caught and bowled and two run-outs. This left them needing 14 off the last over, and Mahaffey was never going to let them have it, bowling a full over of steaming bouncers, as we ran them out of the last ball.

So fun. :thumbsup:

Ovie

Cricket Spectator
I only play with my two brothers, basically, one bats, one keeps, the other bowls...the overs alternate between the keeper and the bowler until the batsman is out, and then we switch batsmen!

What I used to do with my brother was select a team, like a World XI, and we simulated the match in the garden, that was wicked.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
Nnanden said:
Indoor was bloody awesome, best time I`ve had for ages.

Scorecard:

OVER ONE: Nidhi - 8
OVER TWO: Abs - 15

PAIR ONE: Mahaffey/Dave - 23

OVER THREE: Ganesh - 13
OVER FOUR: Nav - -13

PAIR TWO: Nath/Runge - 0

AUSTRALIA AFTER FOUR OVERS - 23

OVER ONE: Nath - 6
OVER TWO: Runge - 22

PAIR ONE: Nidhi/Ganesh - 28

OVER THREE: Dave - -19
OVER FOUR: Mahaffey 4

PAIR TWO: Nav/Abs - -15

INDIA AFTER FOUR OVERS - 13

Our first pair batted really well, against average bowlers. But Nav is awesome, his over of -13 was huge. He clean bowled Runge, then I edged to the `keeper, and I got bowled off my leg last ball, un-doing all our work. Still, 23 was alright.

We started off well. Nidhi always looks to hit boundaries, and got none off my over. Runge was always going to get tonked, but 22 was pretty severe. 28 after the first two overs has us worried. But Dave was amazing. One run, a dot, a bowled, a caught and bowled and two run-outs. This left them needing 14 off the last over, and Mahaffey was never going to let them have it, bowling a full over of steaming bouncers, as we ran them out of the last ball.

So fun. :thumbsup:
are you in the aussie in indoor team

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
i play normal backyard cricket except i don't have a backyard so we play pool cricket instead

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Last time we played indoor cricket at cricket practice i managed to bowl a four wicket maiden :)

First ball they got run out, second ball was smacked down to mid off and was caught, third ball was a forward defensive, fourth ball found the edge and was caught by the WK, fifth ball bowled him and the sixth missed bowling the batter by two inches.
:)