• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which International Cricketers Would Make the Aussie Side?

howardj

International Coach
aussie said:
well howard, i don't think Gilly is passed it as yet, i'll wait until the ashes to be certain. I'd take Tendulkar being left since he is a shadow of himself but Lara still rocks.

Trescothick
Hayden
Ponting
Lara
Dravid
Flintoff
Gilchrist
Warne
Akhtar
Muralitharan
McGrath

12th man; Kallis

The only headche is Lara or Kallis. Yea Kallis has been super consistent since the 2003/04 season. But even though Lara hasn't been that consistent during that same period, he has still managed some BIG scores and really hasn't looked like he is losing it a la Mr.Tendulkar. So for me that should be enough to pick Lara ahead of Kallis since he can destroy an attack when in full flow, where as Kallis will just wear you down.
For me anyway, Lara and Gilly are now only capable of the occasional brilliant burst, in between some pretty ordinary offerings. That's not to say both haven't been absolutely fantastic in the past, though. Champions, both.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
Firstly, and you say I don't make sense? :huh:
Secondly, he's been playing first class cricket for nigh on a decade and was called into the Ashes squad as cover for McGrath and Lee. In what way has this emergence of his been sudden?
allright jackass let me go edit my post to clarify. Liam was suggesting whether Hoggard would make Australia's bowling attack presently, i said yes, because up to Gillespie's timely superb return so far, behind McGrath & Lee Australia's back-up pace attack still had some question marks even with Clark's emergence.

Clark playing FC cricket for 10 odd years or being called up during the ashes seies is irrelevant to what i'm saying. Since before the SA test series, not much people really though he be much of a bowler in test cricket, so his superb bowling performaces in SA was a sudden emergence.:@

James

Cricket Web Owner
aussie said:
allright jackass let me go edit my post to clarify. Liam was suggesting whether Hoggard would make Australia's bowling attack presently, i said yes, because up to Gillespie's timely superb return so far, behind McGrath & Lee Australia's back-up pace attack still had some question marks even with Clark's emergence.

Clark playing FC cricket for 10 odd years or being called up during the ashes seies is irrelevant to what i'm saying. Since before the SA test series, not much people really though he be much of a bowler in test cricket, so his superb bowling performaces in SA was a sudden emergence.:@
There's no need to resort to insults here...

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
James said:
There's no need to resort to insults here...
i have much reason to insult that fool, he know's why and shouldn't be surprised at how i react towards to him and a few others on this forum.

adharcric

International Coach
aussie said:
i have much reason to insult that fool, he know's why and shouldn't be surprised at how i react towards to him and a few others on this forum.
If it's so essential to your well-being to insult him like that, you might as well exchange contacts and satisfy yourself by other means than this forum. Rules are there for a reason. :)

quick4mindia

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sanz said:
From India - Dravid
England - Freddie, Hoggard, Jones(the Bowler)
NZ - 007
Pak - Akhtar
SA - Nitni, Kallis
SL - Murali
BD - Ashraful
WI - None
Zim - None

PS :- On current form, Sachin and Lara wont make it to the current Aussie squad.
akhtar struggles to make it to his own side. Ashraful will make if admitting one from the minnows is a must

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
aussie said:
No, you don't.

The <ignore> list is there for a reason.

James

Cricket Web Owner
aussie said:
Rather than throwing cheap insults around the forum which just make you look silly, report the post(s) you find offensive and leave it in the hands of the moderation team.

You make things far worse for yourself by taking matters into your own hands.

As Eddie suggested, if you really don't get on with someone, add them to your 'ignore' list and save us all the trouble.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
DanielFullard said:
Tendulkar, Dravid, Flintoff.......and one current form Pietersen would walk into the Aussie OD side
He would, in place of Martyn, but if Flintoff was in the team who would Pietersen replace?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
aussie said:
well before Dizzy came back it think he would have, because other than McGrath and Lee, Australia's back-up still had question marks even with Clark's sudden emergence..
Would a bowler of Hoggard's type be picked for Australia on any consistent basis though? He's a journeyman, a workhorse. Kasprowicz and Bichel can't get much of a break these days, so I'm not sure Hoggard would have either.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Would a bowler of Hoggard's type be picked for Australia on any consistent basis though? He's a journeyman, a workhorse. Kasprowicz and Bichel can't get much of a break these days, so I'm not sure Hoggard would have either.
hmm good point, maybe he wouldn't since Kasper for sure is a pretty similar workhorse bowler like him and has struggled to hold down a place all these years. So looking at that i'd say your spot on..