• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why did England select Dawson again?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Originally posted by oyesachinoye
Originally posted by marc71178
Similarly India will probably never come up with a quality pace bowler. ;):D
I knew a brit would come up with such a reply, but didn't knew that in excitement he would be repeating it over and over again!

For ur Kind info, Javagal SriNath is a world class bowler, he's even playing county matches at the moment.Just two months back, Brian Lara said that Nath is a class bowler and would get respect wherever he goes!

But i've heard Bangladeshi Captain praising Robert Croft:D, maybe England do have a decent spinner after all!!!
And we had Jim Laker...

There was also Kapil for India. Both statements were only intended as jokes, there's no need to get so defensive!

oyesachinoye

Cricket Spectator
[quote[/quote]
And we had Jim Laker...[/quote]

HAD, i am talking about PRESENT time, undersatnd?

[/quote]
There was also Kapil for India. Both statements were only intended as jokes, there's no need to get so defensive! [/quote]

LOL who exactly is getting defensive or trying to defend someone(MARC) or are u the same person in disguise
:lol::lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmmm one question...why do the media refer to some bowlers as medium pacers when they are anything but? Srinath is a prime example, there was this artical on Cricinfo saying "Indian Medium Pacer Javagal Srinath returns to the team", not long ago Srinath was rated as one of the fastest bowlers around and he hasn't slowed down too much since. GET IT RIGHT!!!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
OSO: 1) Srinath is no longer a top quick bowler, therefore he's in the had/was class
2) You were the first to pick players from the past...

Now drop it and get back to Richard Dawson.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Im sure the Bangladeshi's would love to have Robert Croft in their team, lol.

oyesachinoye

Cricket Spectator
Originally posted by Neil Pickup
OSO: 1) Srinath is no longer a top quick bowler, therefore he's in the had/was class
2) You were the first to pick players from the past...
Srinath is still a QUALITY bowler and is still playing test matches.I never raised a qs about a Top/Class England spinner, just someone who is good enough to earn respect from the opponents, unfortunately there isn't anyone!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by Tim
They're welcome to him - he could probably bat at 4 or 5 in their team!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey don't moan at me for going off subject...this is my thread remember ;) if anyone should be aggrieved then it would be me :D

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Croft would open the batting! I know he doesn't take many wickets but neither do the Bangladeshies! He could get useful runs and keep the runs down...thats one thing thats good about him, he has a good economy rate.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Originally posted by Rik
Croft would open the batting! I know he doesn't take many wickets but neither do the Bangladeshies! He could get useful runs and keep the runs down...thats one thing thats good about him, he has a good economy rate.
Because he is flat

Originally posted by marc71178
Originally posted by Tim
They're welcome to him - he could probably bat at 4 or 5 in their team!
Thats the beaulty of their team, they can even utilize garbage in some way or the other!

V Reddy

International Debutant
Dawson was picked because he was the only available as a second choice test spinner.Croft is suitable only for 1 dayers and Tufnell the other factors :). And also i thing they should have picked Ramps ahead of John.

One, who doesn't throw the dice, can never expect to score a six.:P

V Reddy

International Debutant
And also everybody watchout for Zaheerand one new boy who is going to play soon Irfan Pathan. Remember the ball bowled by Zaheer to Flintoff clocking 150 KMPH:O

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Originally posted by vishnureddy
And also i thing they should have picked Ramps ahead of John.
See "Most Overrated Player" for our general opinion on this one.

Personally, I'd rather see Croft go in at six than Ramprakash...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by Neil Pickup
Originally posted by vishnureddy
And also i thing they should have picked Ramps ahead of John.
See "Most Overrated Player" for our general opinion on this one.
Yes that thread needs reviving - I've a good idea how to do that!