Cricket Player Manager

View Poll Results: Pakistan Captain: Inzamam or Younis?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Inzamam-ul-Haq

12 60.00%
  • Younis Khan

8 40.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pakistan's Captaincy: Inzamam or Younis?

Pakistan's Captaincy: Inzamam or Younis?

Cricinfo recently published an editorial on Pakistan's captaincy conundrum, specifically whether the captain should be Inzamam-ul-Haq or Younis Khan.

Captaincy to Inzamam
    ~ served Pakistan well thus far and is likely to depart after the World Cup anyways
    ~ has expressed his refusal to play without captaincy
    ~ his place in the one-day side is more certain that Younis'

Captaincy to Younis
    ~ age and energy on his side ... fitness isn't an issue for him as it is for Inzamam
    ~ has evolved as a batsman in recent times and taken greater responsibility
    ~ perhaps doesn't have the aura of Inzamam but is a popular captain

So who should be captain? Take your pick.
    Last edited by adharcric; 01-04-2006 at 12:58 AM.

SA
    Inzamam-Ul-Haq

Quite ironic that you posted this because I was thinking of this earlier today.

If there was a way where Inzy could be 'public' captain, whereby he has the authority over the players who respect him and could unite the team, do the interviews and all other public requirements of a captain, yet Younis makes the tactical moves and decisions during the game, it'd be perfect. Because at the moment Inzy loses during the game, but Younis seemingly doesn't have the respect from all players.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Has to be Inzy.

I prefer Younis Khan. He does have the respect of all the guys except the bad boy Afridi. But Afridi is a pampered baby of PCB and pak cricket fans, he doesn't respect anyone.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by adharcric
    ~ has expressed his refusal to play without captaincy
    ~ .
    Then Pak has no choice but to stick to him.

As for respect from players, till sometimes back Inzi had problems with Akhtar, but now its fine since Inzi had the backing of PCB.If Younis is made the captain, and PCb backs him then everyone would listen to Younis and there won't be any problem.

For me, Inzi. He may not be the smartest of captains, but Pakistan have been a transformed team under him. Also, his batting seems to have taken a significant turn for the better as a captain, when your senior players perform it gives a lift to the team.
    Member of LSU (bowl part time pies)

RIP Fardin

Younis.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    I prefer Younis Khan. He does have the respect of all the guys except the bad boy Afridi. But Afridi is a pampered baby of PCB and pak cricket fans, he doesn't respect anyone.
    He respects Inzamam...

I personally do not think this is a question which should be even discussed at this moment in time (until after the WC), two test series wins and other than the hiding against India progression and consistency in the ODI arena.

Also Younis Khan can not be considered captain of the Pakistan ODI team, when his place is not even guaranteed. He has no fixed position and his form in the one day arena is not up to mark, his been carried by the rest of the team for far too long.

Though Khan captain of the test team after 2007 I can see, his a far better tactician and thinker than Inzamam and far more vocal. He also knows how to get his boys fired up, sometimes in the wrong way but he does ask the questions which need asking.

What has happened to Mohammad Yousuf for captain, his been ear marked for years as the next in line and now he has became a Muslim, the boxes have been seemingly ticked.

Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo
    For me, Inzi. He may not be the smartest of captains, but Pakistan have been a transformed team under him. Also, his batting seems to have taken a significant turn for the better as a captain, when your senior players perform it gives a lift to the team.
    That's exactly my feeling as well. I don't think there is any need to mess with the captaincy issue for Pak. Let Inzi be the captain until the WC, after which he will most likely retire. Then Yunis takes over (hopefully) without controversy. Besides, it's not like Pak have fallen apart under Inzi's captaincy.

Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy
    What has happened to Mohammad Yousuf for captain, his been ear marked for years as the next in line and now he has became a Muslim, the boxes have been seemingly ticked.
    I think they're looking to the future, Yousuf is in his mid thirties now and will probably retire after the world cup.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Quite ironic that you posted this because I was thinking of this earlier today.

If there was a way where Inzy could be 'public' captain, whereby he has the authority over the players who respect him and could unite the team, do the interviews and all other public requirements of a captain, yet Younis makes the tactical moves and decisions during the game, it'd be perfect. Because at the moment Inzy loses during the game, but Younis seemingly doesn't have the respect from all players.
    Almost exactly the same as the Ganguly\Kumble situation a couple of years back.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    I'd suggest you read this before making such ridiculous comments.

Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy
    His religion clearly has precisely nothing to do with it.
    He was removed as vice-captain long before his conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo
    I think they're looking to the future, Yousuf is in his mid thirties now and will probably retire after the world cup.
    Mohammad Yousuf, on the day of this post, was 31yrs 218days old.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information