• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan's Captaincy: Inzamam or Younis?

Pakistan Captain: Inzamam or Younis?

• Inzamam-ul-Haq

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Younis Khan

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Richard said:
Michael Brearley was 34 before he even made his debut, was 35 when appointed captain.
I agree that he'll probably not be best served taking over the captaincy, but I'd not be surprised if he played in WC2011.
TBH I think he'll do an Anwar and fizzle out. Towards the end of his career Anwar concentrated on religion rather than cricket and this affected his performance.
Also his performances are such that he should get dropped before long.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Anwar had the tragedy of the death of his young daughter, though - Anwar was always a Muslim, just turned more deeply to it after personal loss, though.
His knees also went at about 33-34, like Vaughan's appear to be doing now.
People've accused Mushtaq of concentrating too much on religion and not enough on cricket, too, and BTSOT he's still bowling as well as ever.

kvemuri

U19 12th Man
Richard said:
I find Younis Khan a very, very fine Test player.
I find him a very poor ODI player.
That confuses many people who get the game-forms mixed-up.
Well I find Younis Khan to be a very, very fine test player against select opposition like India and the minnows. From the most i have heard of him against opposition such as Australia or England, he mysteriously loses his form. So I would still wait to rate him a good test cricketer per se, this rules him out for captaincy. I agree about him being a poor ODI player, so that rules him out of there too. The funny part is I consider him to be a much better tactician/strategician (if there is a word) than Inzy. I find Younis to be a much better man manager too. Furthermore I find that he is more vocal on the field than the morose Inzy and especially when the team is down I see that his constant chatter injects energy into an otherwise morose outfit. Hence this makes it so confusing to choose between either, Well unless he can pick his game against the likes of Aus and Eng, I will stick with he is not a captaincy material yet.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What, prey, was wrong with this one?
Or, for that matter, this one?
Younis since 2004\05 has performed against everyone he's faced - except England in 2005\06 where he missed a Test for personal reasons, and even then he did OK.
And, really, he was only poor on 1 occasion pre-2002\03 - in West Indies.
Younis has always looked like becoming a good Test player - just, in 2002\03, he had a small setback.

kvemuri

U19 12th Man
Richard said:
What, prey, was wrong with this one?
Or, for that matter, this one?
Younis since 2004\05 has performed against everyone he's faced - except England in 2005\06 where he missed a Test for personal reasons, and even then he did OK.
And, really, he was only poor on 1 occasion pre-2002\03 - in West Indies.
Younis has always looked like becoming a good Test player - just, in 2002\03, he had a small setback.
Wow thats an interesting stat, I guess he is doing good of late against Aus and Eng too. Well then he is a definite better alternative at least in tests.