Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 5 Greatest Test matches of the Decade

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani
    yeah, but Prasad was a spinner.

Kidding. I do think that both matches were almost of equal quality, but the state of the pitch on the last day at Chennai means I will probably give it to the Chennai test by the slightest bit imaginable. But IMHO, I do think that match should be under a bit of a match fixing cloud. Nothing came out of enquiries but I refuse to believe that Mongia would have thought that the shot he played was the best option under the circumstances. I have a feeling that there was more than just a back injury behind Sachin not coming out for the presentation ceremony.
    Oh there was more than just a back injury behind why Sachin didn't come out, seeing as Sachin didn't come out for the presentation ceremony because he was, how shall I put it, 'shedding man tears' after the loss. He took the blame for that loss, and Raj Singh Dungarpur has openly admitted that after he went up to him following India's loss, Tendulkar was weeping, and had no desire to come out and accept the man of the match award.

Personally I think you're jumping the gun regarding the 'match-fixing cloud', that game meant far too much to both teams. Call me naive, but India were truly devastated to lose that match, and I can argue a similar thing whereby I 'refuse to believe' that Andrew Hall's shot against Australia in the epic 434 chase was 'the best option under the circumstances'. All they needed was 2 runs ro win from 4 balls, and he tried to smack a 4 and almost cost the SA the game. Its called pressure, and I reckon it just got to Mongia. Doesn't mean I don't call him a "stupid yellow helmet wearing bugger" everytime I see him, because it makes me think of that match, but I just believe he stuffed up.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Request Your Custom Title Now! honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Oh there was more than just a back injury behind why Sachin didn't come out, seeing as Sachin didn't come out for the presentation ceremony because he was, how shall I put it, 'shedding man tears' after the loss. He took the blame for that loss, and Raj Singh Dungarpur has openly admitted that after he went up to him following India's loss, Tendulkar was weeping, and had no desire to come out and accept the man of the match award.

Personally I think you're jumping the gun regarding the 'match-fixing cloud', that game meant far too much to both teams. Call me naive, but India were truly devastated to lose that match, and I can argue a similar thing whereby I 'refuse to believe' that Andrew Hall's shot against Australia in the epic 434 chase was 'the best option under the circumstances'. All they needed was 2 runs ro win from 4 balls, and he tried to smack a 4 and almost cost the SA the game. Its called pressure, and I reckon it just got to Mongia. Doesn't mean I don't call him a "stupid yellow helmet wearing bugger" everytime I see him, because it makes me think of that match, but I just believe he stuffed up.
    well, I always have been suspicious about Mongia... And that shot was just so stupid, I don't think even HE would have been THAT stupid to attempt that shot at that stage. I wonder what silentstriker would have done to him. He wants Dhoni to die for a shot that would seem a 100 times better compared to that shot by Mongia at Chennai.

It is just personal opinion and speculation on my part. I don't insist on others agreeing with me on this. It is just a hunch.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Awesome Post. Completely agree with every word of it.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    1) India vs Pakistan (Chennai - 1999)
    2) Pakistan vs England (Multan - 2005)
    3) England vs Australia (Edgebaston - 2005)

well, I always have been suspicious about Mongia... And that shot was just so stupid, I don't think even HE would have been THAT stupid to attempt that shot at that stage. I wonder what silentstriker would have done to him. He wants Dhoni to die for a shot that would seem a 100 times better compared to that shot by Mongia at Chennai.

It is just personal opinion and speculation on my part. I don't insist on others agreeing with me on this. It is just a hunch.
    Fair enough, I was just replying to the statement that you felt there was something extra behind Sachin not accepting the MOM award. It sounded like you believed he was possibly 'in on it' or something. *shrugs*

I actually think he meant that Sachin wouldn't accept it because he "knew" and was too angry or something.

... .... .- -.- . / - .... . / -.. . .- - .... / ..-. .-. --- -- / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -... --- -. . ...

Fair enough, I was just replying to the statement that you felt there was something extra behind Sachin not accepting the MOM award. It sounded like you believed he was possibly 'in on it' or something. *shrugs*
    NO NO.. What I meant was that he MUST have been extremely disappointed if he suspected (like I do) that the match was "thrown" away by Mongia and a couple of others. Esp. when he had set his heart out to win it. There have been instances when matches involving India were fixed and Sachin was helpless about it. That came out in the inquiry, although I don't the Chennai Test was mentioned back then.

Come on... YOu guys know me better than that. I am certainly not the one to accuse Sachin, of all people, of match fixing. The guy gives his heart out for India every single time he plays.

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes
    I actually think he meant that Sachin wouldn't accept it because he "knew" and was too angry or something.
    yeah, that is right.

NO NO.. What I meant was that he MUST have been extremely disappointed if he suspected (like I do) that the match was "thrown" away by Mongia and a couple of others. Esp. when he had set his heart out to win it. There have been instances when matches involving India were fixed and Sachin was helpless about it. That came out in the inquiry, although I don't the Chennai Test was mentioned back then.

Come on... YOu guys know me better than that. I am certainly not the one to accuse Sachin, of all people, of match fixing. The guy gives his heart out for India every single time he plays.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information