• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5 Greatest Test matches of the Decade

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
honestbharani said:
yeah, but Prasad was a spinner. ;)

Kidding. I do think that both matches were almost of equal quality, but the state of the pitch on the last day at Chennai means I will probably give it to the Chennai test by the slightest bit imaginable. But IMHO, I do think that match should be under a bit of a match fixing cloud. Nothing came out of enquiries but I refuse to believe that Mongia would have thought that the shot he played was the best option under the circumstances. I have a feeling that there was more than just a back injury behind Sachin not coming out for the presentation ceremony.
Oh there was more than just a back injury behind why Sachin didn't come out, seeing as Sachin didn't come out for the presentation ceremony because he was, how shall I put it, 'shedding man tears' after the loss. He took the blame for that loss, and Raj Singh Dungarpur has openly admitted that after he went up to him following India's loss, Tendulkar was weeping, and had no desire to come out and accept the man of the match award.

Personally I think you're jumping the gun regarding the 'match-fixing cloud', that game meant far too much to both teams. Call me naive, but India were truly devastated to lose that match, and I can argue a similar thing whereby I 'refuse to believe' that Andrew Hall's shot against Australia in the epic 434 chase was 'the best option under the circumstances'. All they needed was 2 runs ro win from 4 balls, and he tried to smack a 4 and almost cost the SA the game. Its called pressure, and I reckon it just got to Mongia. Doesn't mean I don't call him a "stupid yellow helmet wearing bugger" everytime I see him, because it makes me think of that match, but I just believe he stuffed up.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Jono said:
Oh there was more than just a back injury behind why Sachin didn't come out, seeing as Sachin didn't come out for the presentation ceremony because he was, how shall I put it, 'shedding man tears' after the loss. He took the blame for that loss, and Raj Singh Dungarpur has openly admitted that after he went up to him following India's loss, Tendulkar was weeping, and had no desire to come out and accept the man of the match award.

Personally I think you're jumping the gun regarding the 'match-fixing cloud', that game meant far too much to both teams. Call me naive, but India were truly devastated to lose that match, and I can argue a similar thing whereby I 'refuse to believe' that Andrew Hall's shot against Australia in the epic 434 chase was 'the best option under the circumstances'. All they needed was 2 runs ro win from 4 balls, and he tried to smack a 4 and almost cost the SA the game. Its called pressure, and I reckon it just got to Mongia. Doesn't mean I don't call him a "stupid yellow helmet wearing bugger" everytime I see him, because it makes me think of that match, but I just believe he stuffed up.
well, I always have been suspicious about Mongia... And that shot was just so stupid, I don't think even HE would have been THAT stupid to attempt that shot at that stage. I wonder what silentstriker would have done to him. He wants Dhoni to die for a shot that would seem a 100 times better compared to that shot by Mongia at Chennai. ;) :p

It is just personal opinion and speculation on my part. I don't insist on others agreeing with me on this. It is just a hunch. :)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:

Awesome Post. Completely agree with every word of it. :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
honestbharani said:
well, I always have been suspicious about Mongia... And that shot was just so stupid, I don't think even HE would have been THAT stupid to attempt that shot at that stage. I wonder what silentstriker would have done to him. He wants Dhoni to die for a shot that would seem a 100 times better compared to that shot by Mongia at Chennai. ;) :p

It is just personal opinion and speculation on my part. I don't insist on others agreeing with me on this. It is just a hunch. :)
Fair enough, I was just replying to the statement that you felt there was something extra behind Sachin not accepting the MOM award. It sounded like you believed he was possibly 'in on it' or something. *shrugs*

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Jono said:
Fair enough, I was just replying to the statement that you felt there was something extra behind Sachin not accepting the MOM award. It sounded like you believed he was possibly 'in on it' or something. *shrugs*
NO NO.. What I meant was that he MUST have been extremely disappointed if he suspected (like I do) that the match was "thrown" away by Mongia and a couple of others. Esp. when he had set his heart out to win it. There have been instances when matches involving India were fixed and Sachin was helpless about it. That came out in the inquiry, although I don't the Chennai Test was mentioned back then.

Come on... YOu guys know me better than that. I am certainly not the one to accuse Sachin, of all people, of match fixing. The guy gives his heart out for India every single time he plays. :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
honestbharani said:
NO NO.. What I meant was that he MUST have been extremely disappointed if he suspected (like I do) that the match was "thrown" away by Mongia and a couple of others. Esp. when he had set his heart out to win it. There have been instances when matches involving India were fixed and Sachin was helpless about it. That came out in the inquiry, although I don't the Chennai Test was mentioned back then.

Come on... YOu guys know me better than that. I am certainly not the one to accuse Sachin, of all people, of match fixing. The guy gives his heart out for India every single time he plays. :)
:)