• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketing tarts

James

Cricket Web Owner
mundaneyogi said:
Likewise, man. That has to have been one of the spookier events in my life :)

Edit: warning to other members: James doesn't look a thing like Gromit.
Completely OT - I didn't catch your name actually, what is it? Which floor are you on?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
James said:
and is this spooky or what, as I was typing this, the forum member mundaneyogi actually walked behind me :-O (lunch break at work) . Nice to meet you :D
:laugh:

To borrow a Martin Crowe phrase, "Holy cow!"

Were you two aware of each other before this?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
What do you say in that situation. "Excuse me - are you posting on Cricket Web? I'm mundaneyogi." Imagine if it hadn't been a CW poster...

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Voltman said:
:laugh:

To borrow a Martin Crowe phrase, "Holy cow!"

Were you two aware of each other before this?
Completely unaware. I walk past James' desk every day to get to mine.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Voltman said:
What do you say in that situation. "Excuse me - are you posting on Cricket Web? I'm mundaneyogi." Imagine if it hadn't been a CW poster...
James was posting on CW as I was walking past with my lunch.

I thought, "hello, that looks familiar...", then just asked his username and introduced myself.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
MCG
Telstra Dome (not for cricket)
WACA
Adelaide Oval
Gabba
Junction Oval
SSC
R. Premadasa Stadium
P. Sara Stadium
Punjab Cricket Ground
Dharmasala
Feroze Shah Kotla

Last edited:

jadeey

Cricket Spectator
mundaneyogi said:
So... was it a four or a six?
I support NZ so I'm always going to say it was a 6! 8-)

I was with my Australian friend and she had been gunning for NZ to lose throughout the whole match - that was the turning point for her though and suddenly she was wanting New Zealand to win. She also developed a slight crush on Dion Nash during the game so maybe that was something to do with her change of heart as well :laugh: :laugh:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
  1. Feroze Shah Kotla, Delhi - watched and played
  2. IPCL Baroda - watched and played
  3. Karnail Singh Stadium, Delhi – watched and played
  4. Gandhi Stadium, Jullunder - played
  5. University Stadium, Lucknow - played
  6. Nahar Singh Stadium, Faridabad- played
  7. Sector 16 Stadium Chandigarh - played
  8. Roshanara, Delhi - played
  9. Wankhede, Mumbai - watched
  10. Brabourne, Mumbai - watched
  11. Cheltanham College Ground - watched
  12. Eden Gardens, Calcutta - visited
  13. The Oval, London - visited
  14. Trent Bridge, Notts - visited
  15. Lord's, London - pilgrimmage

I am feeling too lazy to write about all of them but I will just say that....

Cheltanham where I watched the touring Indians play Gloucetershire in 1986 was by far the most beautiful cricket ground I have ever watched a cricket match on.

Roshanara Bagh in Delhi (established by the British as a cricket ckub in 1923) is easily the most beautiful I have ever played at and definitely the most picturesque cricket ground in India.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I've never been anywhere other than to watch, but here's my (rather meagre) list:

Lord's
The Oval
Trent Bridge
Headingley
Fenners
The County Ground
(Essex, Chelmsford)

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Erm...

Spondon CC - played
Breadsall CC - played

Headingley - watched
Trent Bridge - watched

Derbyshire of course.

Have not really had the funds to travel for a long time now, but am looking forward to India one day (trouble is if I go I'll never leave) and fancy NZ too.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Lords (Eng)
Nottingham (Eng) -
Edgbaston (Eng)
The Oval (Eng)
Old Trafford (Eng)
Chester-le-Street (Eng)
Derby (Eng)
Taunton (Eng)
New Wanderers, Johannesburg (RSA)
Centurion Park, Centurion (RSA)
Sedgars Park, Potchefstroom (RSA)
Goodyear Park, Bloemfontein (RSA)
Boland Bank Park, Paarl (RSA)
St Georges Park, Port Elizabeth (RSA)
Newlands, Cape Town (RSA)
Willowmoore Park, Benoni (RSA)
Harare Sports Club (Zim)
The SCG - (Aus)
Sabina Park (WI)
Sharjah - UAE

Quite happy with that little list in only 18 years!

Favourite Ground - Centurion Park, South Africa
Least Favourite - Sabina Park

Chubb

International Regular
What was the Harare Sports Club like?

I have been to very few first-class grounds indeed, though a list of club grounds would run to quite some length.

Chelmsford
Old Southend Festival Ground (now at Garons Park)
Castle Park, Colchester Festival Ground
Taunton

Shenley Cricket Centre- saw my uncle hit a match-winning 60-odd for the Stock Exchange, and he lives about 20 minutes walk from it.

Lord's- First time was back when Aravinda da Silva was playing for Kent. I was quite young, my grandad took me to the museum and Aravinda was smashing Middlesex everywhere. Second time was to the village cup final in the nineties, third was to the first day of the 2005 Ashes. I didn't like it too much the first two times, but when it's full...wow.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Chubb said:
What was the Harare Sports Club like?
Very nice, lovely cricket ground immaculately kept.. Could have been straight out of a painting..

Saying that, it didn't look like much went on, I was there a while back, and this was before the worst of the crisis in Zim cricket kicked off..

Most of that bit of Harare is absolutely beautiful, I seem to remember, belying the fact that theres a total tyrant living down the road

Chubb

International Regular
Langeveldt said:
Very nice, lovely cricket ground immaculately kept.. Could have been straight out of a painting..

Saying that, it didn't look like much went on, I was there a while back, and this was before the worst of the crisis in Zim cricket kicked off..

Most of that bit of Harare is absolutely beautiful, I seem to remember, belying the fact that theres a total tyrant living down the road
I hope one day I shall see it for myself, but somehow I doubt it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The MAC stadium in Chennai. I know I seem to have missed out on a LOT of live cricketing action, but when you consider how almost all games are pretty awesome in Chennai, you would know that I have been lucky. :)