• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketing Families

Which cricketing family has the best cricketers?

• Waugh

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Chappell

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Pollock

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • Khan

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Mohammed

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Flower

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Cairns

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Barney Rubble said:
I vote the Ali family - Kabir, Kadeer, and Moeen. :D
How about the Singh family of India:laugh: of there have so many - harbhajan, gursharan, maninder , sarandeep .....many many many more .... my memory fails me :laugh:

or the De Silvas:laugh: Aravinda, D. Somachandra , Ajith De Silva, DLS de Silva. ...many more:laugh:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
JASON said:
How about the Singh family of India:laugh: of there have so many - harbhajan, gursharan, maninder , sarandeep .....many many many more .... my memory fails me :laugh:

or the De Silvas:laugh: Aravinda, D. Somachandra , Ajith De Silva, DLS de Silva. ...many more:laugh:
Thing is, the Ali family are actually a family. I think Moeen is Kadeer's younger brother, and Kabir is their cousin. :p

Beleg

International Regular
Hmm, Mudassar Nazar (the Chris Tavare of Pakistan) and Nazar Mohammad must be the only father son pair to have carried their bat in a test innings.

Edit: Moin Khan and Nadeem Khan. (most notable contribution was running Tendulkar out controversially with a 65 meter projectile throw from deep mid-wicket in the famous Calcutta test, culminating in a riot. Pakistan fought their way to a decisive victory in front of a sad group of three hundred odd members and several thousand empty seats)

The Elahi's. Manzoor the eldesh, Zahoor and Saleem. (the youngest and the most talented - scored a century on debut against Sri Lanka but proved himself totally incapable of negotiating outswingers. Had a second revival in the winter 2002 tour to South Africa but has faded out into obscurity since then)

Ejaz Ahmad and Salim Malik were in-laws. Rameez Raja (Pakistan's only internationally recognised commentator and a temperate opening batsmen in his time) and Wasim Raja (explosive, hard-hitting lower order slogger and wicket-keeper) are another pair of brothers. Saeed Ahmadand Younis Ahmad also come to mind but I am not sure they are related.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Beleg said:
Hmm, Mudassar Nazar (the Chris Tavare of Pakistan) and Nazar Mohammad must be the only father son pair to have carried their bat in a test innings.

Edit: Moin Khan and Nadeem Khan. (most notable contribution was running Tendulkar out controversially with a 65 meter projectile throw from deep mid-wicket in the famous Calcutta test, culminating in a riot. Pakistan fought their way to a decisive victory in front of a sad group of three hundred odd members and several thousand empty seats)

The Elahi's. Manzoor the eldesh, Zahoor and Saleem. (the youngest and the most talented - scored a century on debut against Sri Lanka but proved himself totally incapable of negotiating outswingers. Had a second revival in the winter 2002 tour to South Africa but has faded out into obscurity since then)

Ejaz Ahmad and Salim Malik were in-laws. Rameez Raja (Pakistan's only internationally recognised commentator and a temperate opening batsmen in his time) and Wasim Raja (explosive, hard-hitting lower order slogger and wicket-keeper) are another pair of brothers. Saeed Ahmadand Younis Ahmad also come to mind but I am not sure they are related.
Wasim Raja was a very capable batsman who averages around 40 in test cricket and he was a leg spinner not a wicket keeper.

Saeed Ahmed and Younis Khan are brothers.Saeed Ahmed is probably the most underrated batsman in Pak cricket history on the other hand Younis Ahmed had a stop-start career.

Beleg

International Regular
Xuhaib,

Thanks for the correction. :) I must have confused Wasim Raja with Waseem Bari. :(