• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The future's orange!

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Steulen said:
Cricket is also not taught in schools. PE focusses on softball instead.
No cricket = almost as good as over here, actually. I only ever got 4 weeks of cricket in PE every year. The rest of the year was spent on football and rugby (league, of course) between Septmber and Easter, followed by hockey or tennis after it.
Probably the only reason we did even 4 weeks was I kept complaining, too. :laugh:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
mundaneyogi said:
Actually, with the amount of concentration it takes to cross the road without being killed in Amsterdam, I reckon cricket is perfect for the Dutch.
Blooming bikes.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Looks a very weak seam attack without Suji (surely injured, not dropped?) and Kamande. Big call for Odoyo to take the inevitable 8/9 he'll need to keep Kenya in it.

My call is Holland to edge it

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Looks a very weak seam attack without Suji (surely injured, not dropped?) and Kamande. Big call for Odoyo to take the inevitable 8/9 he'll need to keep Kenya in it.

My call is Holland to edge it
Cricinfo says that he is dropped. Been out of form badly in Bangladesh, but is probably still their best bet after Odoyo with the new ball. Can't see where Kenya are going to get 20 wickets from.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
The latest casualties are Billy Stelling, who has back problems, and Bas Zuiderent, who is suffering from a stomach upset.
Seelar departed early too ! family trouble.

What is certain, however, is that 38-year-old Tim de Leede and young off-spinner Muhammad Kashif will make their first-class debuts.

Tim de Leede record international (200 games almost) to make FC debut, funny stuff :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Kweek said:
young off-spinner Muhammad Kashif will make their first-class debuts.
One Pakistani-sounding spinner out, another in...

What's left, then? de Grooth, van Bunge, de Leede, Reekers, van Troost, Kervezee, ten Doeschate, Schiferli, +Smits, Kashif, Grandia (oh dear...)?

Hup Oranje!

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Van bunge De Grooth Van Troost De Leede Kervezee TenDoeschate Reekers Smith Schiferli Kashif Grandia :'(

will be the team :( hope Stelling return in time! as I wouldnt survive Grandia playing.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Samuel_Vimes said:
One Pakistani-sounding spinner out, another in...
Hup Oranje!
Kashif is a oke spinner, I'd much rather see Raja in, good spinner, can bat, good cricket all around ! and plays for my club, so did kashif, but he went for the money :(

so did van Bunge, oke given if I had a family and a house , id go for 4k euro a month, but If i lived at home...I wouldnt do it, and stay at the club that made me the cricketer I am, as my club offerd him 8k for 3 months. he went for 12 :(

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
mundaneyogi said:
:laugh:
Then the cars, and then the trams, then more cars, more bikes, and finally...

...sweet safety!
speaking of Amsterdam, watch BBC 1 , serie english, with a lot of dutch actors in it.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Kweek said:
speaking of Amsterdam, watch BBC 1 , serie english, with a lot of dutch actors in it.
Mate, I wish I could watch BBC1. Unfortunately I'm a wee bit outside the range of the transmitters...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Jungle Jumbo said:
Kenya have chopped Kennedy Otieno, David Obuya, Jimmy Kamande and Martin Suji from their squad to play Holland, starting Nairobi on Wednesday.

Squad
Steve Tikolo (c), Thomas Odoyo, Maurice Ouma (wk), Brijal Patel, Hitesh Modi, Tony Suji, Tanmay Mishra, Collins Oboya, Ashish Karia, Peter Ongondo, Rajesh Bhudia, Kalpesh Patel, Alfred Luseno.
proabably a good move by Kenya, they have to give these young guys a chance sooner or later, they can't keep just relying on the old guard. It could mean that they may struggle short term, but its probably better long term that guys like Ongondo, Luseno, Obuya etc take more responsibility with the ball and Ouma, Mishra etc take more responsibility with the bat.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
B Zuiderent c Bhudia b Odoyo 26 53 95 3
TN de Grooth b Bhudia 5 10 14
RN ten Doeschate not out 114 170 13 3
TBM de Leede c & b BJ Patel 23 44 58 4
DLS van Bunge not out 12 46 2

Extras b 4, lb 5, nb 5, w , p 14
Total 3 wkts, 53.0 overs 194
Bowler O M R W
Odoyo 13 1 52 1
Bhudia 7 0 26 1
Ongondo 14 4 29 0
BJ Patel 9 0 44 1
Tikolo 9 2 32 0
Suji 1 0 2 0

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Kweek said:
RN ten Doeschate not out 114 170 13 3
DLS van Bunge not out 12 46 2
Next thing you know, ten Doeschate is called up for South Africa if Justin Kemp gets injured... :p

Where'd you get the scorecard from?

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
RN ten Doeschate c Tikolo b Karia 158 237 290 15 4
DLS van Bunge c Ouma b Karia 32 103 120 4 1
AN Kervezee not out 6 11 1
*LP van Troost not out 0 4

Extras b 5, lb 9, nb 6, w , p 20
Total 5 wkts, 76.0 overs 270