• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in Bangladesh

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
The difference between India and Australia at the moment is that India have played in similar conditions generally and haven't had to travel as much. Whoever organised Australia not playing ANY practice matches are idiots, and were obviously incredibly arrogant to not do so.
Thank you. That is the point. If you're not going to have a tour match, you at least need a break of more than a few days between one test series and another in completely contrasting conditions. It's certainly not Bangladesh's fault that the tour was sheduled so badly (well, I assume it's not anyway, unless they put stringent restrinctions on the time the tour could be played), or that of the Australian players, but it's very poor organisation nonetheless.

And yes, player fatigue is a problem for all teams, but the problem should not be worsened in such a way. The third test against South Africa was due to be completed on the 4th of April, and the series against Bangladesh kicked off on the 9th. That's four days of rest between two series on opposite sides of the world in different conditions, when most individual tests within a single series have a bigger gap than that. People mentioned before the series began how stupid it was, and given how well Bangladesh have played it looks even worse.

Complicated

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Isn't it fair to say that a year ago almost everyone thought Bangladesh should have their test status removed. I don't see how Warne's comment were any more then towing the popular line at the time. Bangladesh have improved alot in the last year, lots of respect to Whatmore. Still a good chance Australia will win but If Australia were to lose this match, I wonder if Clarke would get another game in the second test....

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Complicated said:
Isn't it fair to say that a year ago almost everyone thought Bangladesh should have their test status removed. I don't see how Warne's comment were any more then towing the popular line at the time. Bangladesh have improved alot in the last year, lots of respect to Whatmore. Still a good chance Australia will win but If Australia were to lose this match, I wonder if Clarke would get another game in the second test....
Only the short sighted.

mefly

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Shane Warne is expected to get dropped and also Brett Lee and Stuart Clark expected to get rested after VERY long summers and get replaced by Nathan Bracken and Dan Cullen(bout time) dont know who the other one is, they might keep Stuart Clark
PS were you talking about Michael or Stuart Clark(e)

Blaze

Banned
Really there are no excuses from Australia. If the players were too tired to play then they should have 'rested' the tired players.

It's their own fault for taking Bangladesh too lightly, scheduling the tour so soon after the SA series and assuming it would be a cakewalk.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
Bengals need to put up another 60 runs to their total.Any total less then 350 will be easily achieveable.

I hope in the end Aus doesn't end up losing by an easy 7-8 wkt.It should be closer than that in the end.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
RolledOver said:
Bengals need to put up another 60 runs to their total.Any total less then 350 will be easily achieveable.

I hope in the end Aus doesn't end up losing by an easy 7-8 wkt.It should be closer than that in the end.
You mean bang losing by 7-8 wkts ?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blaze said:
Be my guest... Make a video of it and post the results. :laugh:
Lol...i'm sure the making the video should be easy, not so sure about my ability to post the result afterwards :happy: